anyone have trouble wearing slings???

i bought a hotslings to try out when my son was born. turns out i was wearing it wrong AND it was the wrong size. i bought a ring sling and now that seems to fit weird. i know its the right size, i just cant get the kiddo in right! sigh.

photo_mom27

Asked by photo_mom27 at 12:54 AM on Jul. 4, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I used a Moby wrap, and loved it. Maybe someone else can help you with your ringsling?
    squish

Answer by squish at 1:08 AM on Jul. 4, 2009

• Try this site, she has a great tutorial.

SweetPeaRingSlings.com

Nathskitten

Answer by Nathskitten at 1:10 AM on Jul. 4, 2009

• Crap, that link didn't work, let me try again.

www.sweetpearingslings.com

Nathskitten

Answer by Nathskitten at 1:11 AM on Jul. 4, 2009

• I have a Hot Sling, a Baby Bjorn and a Moby Wrap. My 5 wk old baby hates the Hot Sling. I've tried to get him in it twice and he screams each time and locks his legs, so he looks like a 2x4 stuck in there. He's gotten in the Baby Bjorn twice - the first time he was okay for a little while, the 2nd time he cried. It's also really hot. My favorite is the Moby wrap. I got him in it twice today - the first time he fell asleep. I only took him out because it was hot and his face was sticking to my chest. The 2nd time he cried, but I'm going to keep trying him in it because I want him to get used to it. My only complaint about the Moby is the time and work it takes to get it on and wrapped around you. Its not as easy as the Baby Bjorn or the Hot Sling to slip in and out of.
    KarenAmbrose

Answer by KarenAmbrose at 1:42 AM on Jul. 4, 2009

• Ive tried snugglis, ring-slings and a wrap and I personally HATE slings. It's all about personal preference, but I love love LOVE my sleepy wrap! Its pretty much the same as a moby wrap, I noticed someone else mentioned the moby. It's so comfortable and easy on my body, I barely even feel my daughter's weight and I'm very free to move about with barely any limits. When I wear a sling I feel all awkward and lop-sided, they just dont work out for me, and it doesnt seem like Anabelle's as comfy in them either.

Consider trying out a wrap of some sort!
    kate_jocelyn

Answer by kate_jocelyn at 2:12 AM on Jul. 4, 2009

• thanks for all your suggestions advice! i almost bought the moby but ended up buying a ringsling by tailor made before i posted. its very soft and doesnt feel so heavy. i'll try the tutorial above, thanks again!
    photo_mom27

Answer by photo_mom27 at 2:41 PM on Jul. 14, 2009