What do you think about reports that N.Korea is firing missles?

I would think we could blow them off the map if they in fact did shoot a long range missle on US soil. What do you think will come out of this report?

ronjwake

Asked by ronjwake at 1:21 AM on Jul. 4, 2009 in Just for Fun

• i think we should blow them off the map
    they have been nothing but trouble for years i dont see why we keep putting up with it and dealing with these kind of threats .
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:23 AM on Jul. 4, 2009

• How long will they take to get here?
    Gigi1969

Answer by Gigi1969 at 1:25 AM on Jul. 4, 2009

• I think someone should get rid of Kim Jong Il (sp?) then get rid of their missiles... I don't want to see a nuclear war
    sophiebethmom

Answer by sophiebethmom at 1:26 AM on Jul. 4, 2009

• I think they are an annoying mosquito that needs to be squashed.

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2009/06/29/world/main5120562.shtml
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:26 AM on Jul. 4, 2009

• It worries me sick because my young daughter is in Hawaii right now with her father. I hope we're prepared to handle it, whatever the outcome is. This would be a blatant attack on our land, and we should be ready to face it.
    ThaMCE

Answer by ThaMCE at 1:26 AM on Jul. 4, 2009

• Russia said they would try to intercept the missles if they were going towards Hawaii, but they have to catch them in the right time frame. There is a timeline they are supposed to be doing missle tests in N.Korea, until July 10.
    ronjwake

Answer by ronjwake at 1:32 AM on Jul. 4, 2009

• They are supposedly threatening to launch one, but reports are claiming that the ones they have will not even reach Hawaii. Close, but won't reach. And it shall be on the 4th or 8th, or possibly in between the dates.
    MissAndrea125

Answer by MissAndrea125 at 1:37 AM on Jul. 4, 2009

• This is what I got from the news article I read:

SEOUL, South Korea — South Korea says North Korea has fired a fourth missile off its eastern coast.

The Joint Chiefs of Staff says three missiles were fired early Saturday and the fourth at about noon.

The launches, which came two days after North Korea fired four short-range missiles, could further escalate tensions in the region as the U.S. tries to muster support for tough enforcement of the U.N. resolution imposed on the communist regime for its May nuclear test.

South Korea's Joint Chiefs of Staff said the missiles were fired Saturday morning, but declined to elaborate on the type. Two missiles were launched early Saturday with the third and fourth coming later in the morning, it said.

South Korea's Yonhap news agency quoted military officials as saying the missiles appeared to be a type of Scud missile.
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 1:39 AM on Jul. 4, 2009

• "Our military is fully ready to counter any North Korean threats and provocations based on strong South Korea-U.S. combined defense posture," the Joint Chiefs of Staff statement said.

North Korea's state news agency carried no reports on the launches.

The chief of U.S. Naval operations, Adm. Gary Roughead, said the American military was ready for any North Korean missile tests.

"Our ships and forces here are prepared for the tracking of the missiles and observing the activities that are going on," Roughead said after meeting Japanese military officials in Tokyo on Saturday.

Speculation had been high that the communist country might launch more missiles. North Korea had warned shipping to stay away from its east coast effective through July 10.

AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 1:40 AM on Jul. 4, 2009

• The senior presidential official cautioned that North Korea could fire more missiles in coming days, but said there was little possibility it could fire the intercontinental ballistic missile it threatened in April.

Saturday's launches came on July 4, or U.S. Independence Day. The North has a record of timing missile tests for the U.S. national day.

"The missiles were seen as part of military exercises, but North Korea also appeared to have sent a message to the U.S. through the missile launches," the presidential official said, without elaborating.

The Japanese government condemned the North's action.

I am not sure if they are trying to "scare" us, or provoke us or what in hopes of getting sanctions lifted off Pyongyang possibly. Who knows. I think Kim Jong Il is a NUTJOB!
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 1:41 AM on Jul. 4, 2009