Quetion about being induced.

So I'm 6 and a half months pregnant. For the past month my son has been not only in my ribs but pushing on my lungs. My doctor says he hasn't moved positions and whenever he moves or stretches he pushes on my lungs and sends me into a bad asthma attack. My friend had a similar problem and her doctor said when her son was ready she was being induced. He was ready at 37 weeks. My doctor has already bumped my prescription up to two inhalers a month as needed. And its bad. I can't breathe most of the time. I can't really eat or walk farther than a block before I'm winded and tired. Is it smart to ask my doctor about being induced when hes ready to come out?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:22 AM on Jul. 4, 2009 in Pregnancy

• if your baby gets ready on its own then just let it happen
    alot of inductions end in csection and if you get induced and baby isnt ready then youll most likely end up in csection
    unless it is medically needed then just wait it out i know its rough my daughter sat up in my ribs the whole time i could barely breath
    i was induced because my son almost was stuck in the birth canal and my dr didnt want to risk it with my daughter i still wasnt induced til 39 weeks
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 2:05 AM on Jul. 4, 2009

• Your baby will come out when he is ready. You should only do an induction if your doctor feels it is medically necessary. An induction before baby is ready could lead to a C-section.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:15 AM on Jul. 4, 2009

• i agree w/ the other ladies. if the babies not ready, you're more than likely to end in a c/s. there are risks to being induced. you should research all the medications that they use in an induction and see what could happen.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:38 AM on Jul. 4, 2009

• Unless your condition becomes serious, you should wait it out. The statistics on how many inductions fail and end in C sections are staggeringly high. Try to have somebody help you out at home, grab the phone and guilt your mom, sisters, friends, into doing the dishes, cleaning the bathroom, folding the laundry. You can even have them bring dinner. Get some rest and don't try to push it. It's gonna be okay!
    EmKirk

Answer by EmKirk at 8:47 AM on Jul. 4, 2009