• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How can i change my daughters last name?

i really want to change my daughters last name she has my ex bf last name but his not the dad,,i dont know her dad i was 16 and i was rape i dont really like saying that but thats what happend....so how can i change her last name to mines ?

Answer Question

Asked by leeahsgerasmom at 1:27 AM on Jul. 4, 2009 in Preschoolers (3-4)

Level 1 (0 Credits)
Answers (4)
  • You can petion the court for a name change. (For your daughter).
    My advice is to call you local prosecutor's office and ask them how you go about changing your daughter's last name.

    Answer by kgck_momma at 1:31 AM on Jul. 4, 2009

  • You have to change her birth certificate. I think there is a form on the back of it that you can fill out and send in. If not, call the health department or whichever department handles birth certificates, but the health department should be able to tell you.

    Answer by MommyLee08 at 1:35 AM on Jul. 4, 2009

  • My husband changed his last name to his dad's last name. they had to get a lawyer to file a petition. it took about 6 months and cost about $600.

    Answer by HannahLee87 at 1:38 AM on Jul. 4, 2009

  • thanks illl go to the health deparment but i think im going to have to get a lawyer

    Answer by leeahsgerasmom at 3:24 PM on Jul. 4, 2009

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.