Why do?

Why do so many people bash others for who they are? What is so wrong with being homosexual? Or being Pagan, or being Christian? Or being anything?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:38 AM on Jul. 4, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• In the Christian eyes we are taught to be like God. So we should STOP hating the SINNER and start hating the SIN. Pray for our fellow brothers and sisters that they may come to Christ and follow his ways instead of making them feel down and pushing them away from God. We should be the love Jesus spoke of. But instead most of us point our selfrightouse fingers of hate. Remember this, you may be pointing a finger at that sinner but you have three pointing back at you.
    rhanford

Answer by rhanford at 2:53 AM on Jul. 4, 2009

• Nope, nothing wrong with any of those things. There is a lot wrong with being a closeminded jerk, who bashes everyone else in the name of christ.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:41 AM on Jul. 4, 2009

• Because they have nothing better to do with their lives than criticize other people. They're so bored with their own lives they want to try making everyone else's as miserable as theirs.
    HannahLee87

Answer by HannahLee87 at 1:41 AM on Jul. 4, 2009

• Because people are closed minded. The bible says God is the only one who is to judge and we are suppose to love our enemy and neighbor. Some tend to skip that part.

I have friends that are atheist, gay, bi....and I'm a Christian. Doesnt make me love them any less.
    MommyLee08

Answer by MommyLee08 at 1:45 AM on Jul. 4, 2009

• Justification.
    timelessglass

Answer by timelessglass at 1:50 AM on Jul. 4, 2009

• I wonder about this too, but I suppose it's mostly out of fear, ignorance, a need to feel superior or all of these together. I notice too that some people seem to have a victim mentality and need to blame someone. It's sad really...life is too short and precious for such nonsense.
    AnamCara1

Answer by AnamCara1 at 2:51 AM on Jul. 4, 2009

• right on rhanford... this is why you dont see me bashing... I choose to speak love and life for there is life and death in the power of the tongue... keep bashing and saying ugly things does not bring life to a person and nor does it show love but pushes them away from Christ.
    I do need to make it clear there... not all that bash are christians. I truly believe there are people who hide behind Anonymous that are "plants" to stir up strife among believers and unbelievers! It is sad that there are people like that.
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 3:03 AM on Jul. 4, 2009

• People need to feel powerful. Judging others makes them feel that way.
    krisr169

Answer by krisr169 at 8:20 AM on Jul. 4, 2009

• Some people are brought up to believe that their way is the only right way, and can't open their eyes to make their own decisions. Some also base their opinions of a group on the actions of one. it's easier for a person to say "At least I'm better than that person!" than to say, "How could I maybe help this person?"
    Koukla12905

Answer by Koukla12905 at 9:28 AM on Jul. 4, 2009

• Nothing... People that are close minded come in all shapes and sizes... Personally I think if you are that close minded that you have to hate everyone, don't go on to the religion & belief section of a public forum... Cause you are going to run in to TONS of people that don't fit your little box.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 9:35 AM on Jul. 4, 2009