How do I 'accidentally' break my TV?

Sorry, last time I posted this question it got all wacky, stupid CM glitch. So, here it is again!

I hate my TV. My family spends too much time around it, my husband lounges on the couch for hours, and my 5-year-old throws a tissy if I turn it off. My husband is very tech-savvy, but just want to break it, and make it look like an accident. Seriously.

Asked by Anonymous at 1:13 AM on Jun. 22, 2008 in Just for Fun

• get a bunch of magnets and put them on the screen...the magnets mess up the picture...found that out from my 5th graders during science lol

Answer by I_luv_my_boo_Q at 1:41 AM on Jun. 22, 2008

• Take a magnet to it and then say you had a power outage. (It can actually happen that way I've seen it.) Although if you have a really nice tv you might just want to move it from it's current location into your bedroom (where your child can't watch it all the time). People are less likely to watch it so much then. Good Luck! (PS Shot guns to TV's are so much fun!!!)

Answer by 2murphyboys at 1:42 AM on Jun. 22, 2008

• Well Ours got broke by the cat last night. She somehow got tangled in the cord and she actually knocked it off the shelf. It was not a large tv but still a little heavy for the cat to knock off. If your tv is large this may not be a viable excuse, but it is posible but others in your house may find it a little unbelievable.

Answer by nkymomof3 at 2:13 AM on Jun. 22, 2008

• Well, I suppose the cord could "accidently" get caught in the sweeper..and chewed in half. That should buy you at least 2 days of peace and quiet....and a repair bill too!

Answer by MommasCooCoo at 4:40 AM on Jun. 22, 2008

• make a mess of the inside or the wires when he it at work, turn of the electric and fiddle with it you dont no what ur doing so im sure u could make a good mess of it that he couldnt fix to quickly lol or tell him you have had enough of the tv always being on good luck

Answer by sammy04k at 10:55 AM on Jun. 22, 2008

• Has it ever occured to you to TELL him how you feel. Use your son as an example. Children should not watch more than 2 hours of TV a day according to American Academy of Pediatrics. I'm betting is he throws a fit about the TV going off you're having other behavioral issues with him too. UNPLUG it and plug IN to yoiur family. They will fight you, but if it's important you will stand your ground!

• If you break your tv, your just going to get a new one. Or he will. When I used to live with my husbands parents a long time ago, I remember this one silly little thing so well. The TV was always on, and finally one day, I turned it off. Nobody was watching it, and I just wanted quiet. Not even a minute later, his mom, who had been in the room, grabbed the remote from the stand next to me, went to my husband, and said "why don't you watch something?" She couldn't handle a little bit with the tv off. It was insanity. So trust me, I know how you feel. One way, is try the music stations, the tv is still on, but is music, which gets you up and moving. You could also try a no-tv time, where, no matter what, that tv is off. You can get a little laminated stop sign, and just slap it to that tv when you want it off. If your son has an issue, he can earn tv privledges, that should also work. Hope it helps!

Answer by NomadSara at 4:53 PM on Jun. 22, 2008

• Talk to your hubby about it before you go and tear the darn thing up..and as far as your 5 year old goes... tell him/her NO!!!! YOU are the parent not the child! GOOD GRIEF! grrrrrr

Answer by finallyamommy76 at 9:50 PM on Jun. 22, 2008

• I have talked to my hubby, and he just wants to come home from work and watch TV. If I try to "make" hime turn it off it creates a huge fight. I don't want that. We have a POS TV anyways, and not a lot of money, so I could make sure it didn't get replaced any time soon. As far as my 5-year-old... I AM the mom and I DO take control, but it gets annoying having those discussions every day. Thank you to those who answered my question, as for the rest of you... maybe you should start answering questions instead of judging people and bitching about something you don't know about.

• Dont be ugly too us..your the one sounding like a dumnass b/c your hubby would rather spend time with the TV and your kid wont mind you. Having to repeat yourself with a child that age is pretty normal..maybe you should have thought about how you were gonna correct your kid BEFORE you had them!

Answer by finallyamommy76 at 6:35 AM on Jun. 24, 2008