marijuanna use during pregnancy? any comments?

anybody have any comments on marijuanna use during early pregnancy? how did it effect the baby and ect.?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:02 AM on Jul. 4, 2009 in Pregnancy

• stupid .. thats my comment on it .
    why risk anything?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:05 AM on Jul. 4, 2009

• I've known many people who have smoked it and their babies have been completely fine. I wouldn't recommend it, but even many doctors will tell you that there have been very few documented ill effects.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:12 AM on Jul. 4, 2009

• this is so so so stupid. and anyone thinking of using drugs while pregnant.. really doesnt even deserve to have a child
    queenamy

Answer by queenamy at 2:19 AM on Jul. 4, 2009

• queenamy, that's not for you to decide...don't be a shithead..
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:20 AM on Jul. 4, 2009

• uh...I think she means, like BEFORE you find out your pregnant.
    My sister did and stopped when she found out. The Dr. basically told her there was nothing to worry about since it was only during the few weeks she didn't know.
    But there is no scientific proof it does anything to a fetus.
    Maya09

Answer by Maya09 at 2:25 AM on Jul. 4, 2009

• I am not a smoker nor do I drink or do any drugs at all BUT I work on a research project looking at the effects of prenatal exposure to various things (medications, alcohol, drugs, etc.) and marijuana has never been found to be harmful to a fetus in hundreds of legitimate studies. I would never do it (but I don't anyway so there is no reason to start during that period of time), but if a woman is going to put something into her body while pregnant, that would be one of the safest things out there, so I say GO FOR IT!! It is even recommended by doctors for women who have serious morning sickness and is safer than prescription nausea drugs that are deemed to be safe while pregnant (Zofran and Reglan to name a couple).
    PeaInMyPod

Answer by PeaInMyPod at 6:24 AM on Jul. 4, 2009

• there are so many different views about this some say "its wrong" some say "its ok" but i think the real reason why anyone would say its wrong is b/c they HEAR about it being bad and not b/c they actually had issues with smoking it and it becoming a problem to the baby. IMO i think it is safer than smoking a cigarette HOWEVER... i would not do it simply b/c i cannot afford to :)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:29 AM on Jul. 4, 2009

• Ok OP I am wondering what you mean in by early pregnancy do you mean that you were smoking before you found out that you were pregnant? Or continuing to smoke through pregnancy? I know MANY people that were smoking before they knew they were pregnant and the baby was perfectly healthy so if thats the case dont even worry about it. Continuing to smoke during pregnancy is not something I would personally do because I wouldn't smoke anything while I was pregnant. So honestly I dont know what to tell you.... its a shame that there is such a lack of information available on this subject, but something tells me that the government likes it that way ::wink wink:: I still wouldn't chance it though.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:30 AM on Jul. 4, 2009

• Queenamy's NOT being a shithead, and at least she's not hiding behind "Anonymous." The FACT of the matter is that smoking marijuana is illegal, whether I agree with that or not, that's how it is. If someone is willing to engage in a behavior that not only MAY be dangerous to the developing child, but that is also a crime, indicates that that person is willing to take risks with their child's future. If the OP gets caught with pot during pregnancy and is incarcerated, where does that leave the baby? THAT's messing with your child's future. So I think queenamy is justified in her comment.
    Jodie118

Answer by Jodie118 at 7:43 AM on Jul. 4, 2009

• Hey there! As far as marijuana use goes, it can cause some problems. For one, there's the actual smoking. Whether you are smoking cigarettes or marijuana, there is smoke and tar build up on the lungs, which does affect the oxygen levels of your blood and therefore the babies blood, which can in turn affect the babies size and development. There's also a correlation between pot smoking in the second and third trimesters causing placental abruption, which can be fatal for mom and baby. But....
    Marijuana is fantastic for labor! Especially at the end of dilation when mom gets overwhelmed by transition. It can really help with relaxation and move the baby down as a result. So. Make good decisions. You have to give your body only good things to grow a good baby. Much love.
    EmKirk

Answer by EmKirk at 8:38 AM on Jul. 4, 2009