• In the Spotlight:

why do they ALL do this?!?

every freakin boyfriend i have ever had says they will do one thing (oh im just gunna stop by this persons house and say hi for 15 minutes then im leaving) and they end up staying for hours! or other stuff not just hanging out with people, do guys seriously have NO concept of time and completley froget about us and then they act all shocked and offended when we call them and ask where the fuck are you?? UGH!!!! sorry im just venting, anyone else share my irritation?

bradynsmom222

Asked by bradynsmom222 at 2:05 AM on Jul. 4, 2009 in Relationships

• I feel the same way, I'm the one always blowing up his cellphone. There so sneaky.
    katsogrimey

Answer by katsogrimey at 2:07 AM on Jul. 4, 2009

• Heh I know that all too well.. and I cant stand it!!! my husband says "yep, we do loose track of time"
    Yeah but they sure dont forget to ask for sex.
    queenamy

Answer by queenamy at 2:17 AM on Jul. 4, 2009

• My dh used to be that way when we were first married and it made me nuts.
    Now, after 18 years, I practically push him out the door to give me some space lol. He'll make plans to hang at a buddy's house for an afternoon and come back an hour later (right when I fired up some chick flick on the internet and dug out my secret stash of chocolate covered cherries) and I'm like "what are you doing home?" Like he caught me making it with the mailman or something :-)
    plylerjones

Answer by plylerjones at 8:27 AM on Jul. 4, 2009

• Because if a man says to his woman "I'm going to Joe's house for a few hours to do nothing" their wives will freak out and not LET them go. So to avoid an argument with their new mommies they say they will be right back. If they thought they as grown men could do what they wanted without an argument they would probably tell them right up front.

Chrissy629

Answer by Chrissy629 at 8:36 AM on Jul. 4, 2009

• If he does that..He is just not that into you. Find another man who does not do that.

Answer by louise2 at 9:57 AM on Jul. 4, 2009

• I agree with plylerjones. My dh was the same way now almost 10 years later I have to bribe him to leave for the afternoon! He JUST left to go out to the country to spend time with his dad. It's just past 10am and he said he would be home by 3pm. It takes 90 minutes to get there, so that 3 hours of driving time for 2 hours of visiting.
    luvbnmomnwife

Answer by luvbnmomnwife at 10:23 AM on Jul. 4, 2009

• they must have a different clock than the rest of us! But they know how long 15 min is when the game starts in 15 min!

Answer by admckenzie at 11:35 AM on Jul. 4, 2009

• well louise2 i dont think i will get another one, obviously he is into me we are getting married in a few weeks and im pregnant with his child! and the last poster was totally funny thanx :)
    bradynsmom222

Answer by bradynsmom222 at 7:10 PM on Jul. 4, 2009

• Honestly, no, I don't think that's their problem. I think they already plan on hanging out for a while, but if they think it will be an inconvenience on your part, or if you're wanting them home, then they just "make it out" like they lost track of time. Maybe you both should establish a better way of communicating.
    If he really isn't planning on being 15 minutes or so, he doesn't need to tell you that! If he's not sure how long, he doesn't need to tell you that! Simple solution? "I'm going to _____'s house for a little while." Then you can let him stay for an hour or two, call him, and expect him home. COMMUNICATE and learn from it. If he's wanting to spend a FEW hours, let him, but let him know that when you call a few hours later (or whatever time limit you've established), that you want to be respected on it.)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:48 AM on Jul. 5, 2009