Anyone go to a chiropractor while they where pregnant?

If so, is it safe?

Maya09

Asked by Maya09 at 2:10 AM on Jul. 4, 2009 in Health

• I didn't go to one and never will unless absolutely necessary.

I was warned by a physical therapist against seeing a chiropractor because they can often do more damage than good, and I'm hyper-mobile (extremely flexible) so I'm at more danger for damage.

It's also a very bad idea for kids to see one...even more dangerous for them.

If you do see one, make sure they are qualified to work on pregnant women. Not all of them are.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:58 AM on Jul. 4, 2009

• Yes, I saw one while pregnant. BUT you need to find one that will work on pregnant women, they have to have special training to do so, because a regular adjustment would cause damage. My Chiro. Specializes in Pregancy, Babies and Children. He has 5 kids and did adjustments for his wife all through delivery...

He also did my kids as soon as they were 6 weeks old. Delivery is very hard on a little body!

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 10:49 AM on Jul. 4, 2009

• This is a must! Great answer by SabrinaMBowen

Yes, I saw one while pregnant. BUT you need to find one that will work on pregnant women, they have to have special training to do so, because a regular adjustment would cause damage. My Chiro. Specializes in Pregancy, Babies and Children. He has 5 kids and did adjustments for his wife all through delivery...
    Janet

Answer by Janet at 2:10 PM on Jul. 5, 2009