Anyone go to a chiropractor while they where pregnant?

Is it safe?

Maya09

Asked by Maya09 at 2:10 AM on Jul. 4, 2009 in Pregnancy

• There are no known contraindications to chiropractic care throughout pregnancy
    Chiropractic care during pregnancy may provide benefits for women who are pregnant.
    Potential benefits of chiropractic care during pregnancy include:
    Maintaining a healthier pregnancy
    Controlling symptoms of nausea
    Reducing the time of labor & delivery
    Relieving back, neck or joint pain
    Prevent a potential cesarean section
    chiropractic care throughout pregnancy to establish pelvic balance & optimize the room a baby has for development throughout pregnancy. With a balanced pelvis, babies have a greater chance moving into the correct position for birth, & the crisis and worry associated with breech & posterior presentations may be avoided altogether. Optimal baby positioning at the time of birth also eliminates the potential for dystocia (difficult labor) & therefore results in easier and safer deliveries for both the mother and baby.
    ArmyWife_MomX2

Answer by ArmyWife_MomX2 at 2:24 AM on Jul. 4, 2009

• Yes. i went for my last pregnancy and I am going to with this one as well. Why would you think it wasn't safe? Definitely safer than taking drugs for pain and discomfort!
    mnt_2_b_mommy

Answer by mnt_2_b_mommy at 2:54 AM on Jul. 4, 2009

• I wish I had. I go now and I wished I had been going all these years. My chiro is amazing and has worked on my neck so much that i dont have to see my neurologist as much. I have a muscle spasm in my neck that flares up every now and then.
    momofsaee

Answer by momofsaee at 9:13 AM on Jul. 4, 2009

• Talk to diff chiropractors and make sure they have experience with pregnant women. I had one chiropractor who actually began to make my back worse, rather than better, so I switched. I'm now really picky about my chiropractors, and with getting married to my soldier I'm not so sure about the one on post.
    SouthernRoses

Answer by SouthernRoses at 9:19 AM on Jul. 4, 2009

• I wanted to but hubby wouldn't let me....
    mominbolt

Answer by mominbolt at 9:32 AM on Jul. 4, 2009