ttc before the wedding

my fiance and i are getting married in Dec. We are both 35 and each have 1 child from a previous relationship. I have just come off the pill but we both hate the condoms. We both want another child. It wouldn't bother me if I was pregnant at the wedding (and we both are only VERY occasional drinkers so that wouldn't be an issue). Is there any reason why we shouldn't just start ttc right away?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:29 AM on Jul. 4, 2009 in Relationships

• I think if that is what you want then go for it! I wish you lots of luck and trust that you will be a beautiful (pregnant) bride in December!
    Mamitamaria

Answer by Mamitamaria at 2:31 AM on Jul. 4, 2009

• Go for it.
    raemommy

Answer by raemommy at 2:35 AM on Jul. 4, 2009

• As long as you're ok with having a big old tummy at the wedding. I personally, would wait another two or three months, that way you don't have to worry so much about looking really pregnant. But if you wouldn't mind, go for it.
    toriandgrace

Answer by toriandgrace at 3:38 AM on Jul. 4, 2009

• I think at 35 you have been around the block enough to know what you are NOT missing out on.. so if you both are on board then great!!!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:50 AM on Jul. 4, 2009

• I have to be honest. When I first seen the title I was getting ready to "slam" you and say all the usual "give yourselves time as a couple/etc" but at 35 I can understand the rush to ttc. It could possibly take you longer/etc. So if both of you are wanting to TTC then the time is right for you whenever! Good luck!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:51 AM on Jul. 4, 2009

• I was 37 when our last child was born (surprise! I call him my "mid life crisis"). He didn't have any problems but because of my age they tested him for alot of stuff in utero. I say go for it! It had been 8 years since we had our second child and DH and I didn't use any protection, but it still took 8 years to conceive. I wouldn't put it off any longer - besides, they make wedding dresses for pregnant ladies, so ya'll best get started :-)
    plylerjones

Answer by plylerjones at 8:19 AM on Jul. 4, 2009

• I was as big as a house(7 mos) when i married my ex. LOL Believe it or not I found a beautiful dress at Sears(this was 10 years ago LOL) that wasn't maternity. I shopped in the women's department, It looked so nice, even with my big ol' belly!

I say go for it. Who cares if you are pregnant, it's yours and hubby's special day and if that's what you want to do then do it i say. :D
    CinderAmethyst

Answer by CinderAmethyst at 9:52 AM on Jul. 4, 2009

• I am with anon 4:51, I was thinking what? Why not wait until after the wedding, but with your case I say GO FOR IT!!!!!!!!
    GOOD LUCK!
    kc932

Answer by kc932 at 10:20 AM on Jul. 4, 2009

• go for it it's your life
    emtmommyamanda

Answer by emtmommyamanda at 10:25 AM on Jul. 4, 2009

• My daughter is getting married this month and has been waiting for several months to conceive because she doesn't want to be PG before the wedding and she is 41. It seems she is old fashioned and doesn't want people to be counting to find out if the baby was conceived before the wedding. LOL. I would have started trying months ago...but that's just me. ;-)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:24 AM on Jul. 4, 2009