has any of your children ever rolled off a bed or couch?

and hit his head?. what did you do?

i dont want people to think that my sister is a bad parent or anything so no bashing please. we just really need help.

my nephew just rolled off the couch onto the floor and me and my sister are freaking out! we are checking for signs of a concussion. he seems really sleepy (well this is 2 am) and when he falls asleep and we wake him, he just looks around for a minute and goes back to sleep. he 5 months old. PLEASE HELP!!! should we take him to the ER?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:09 AM on Jul. 4, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• yep all three....several times, despite barriers. Just watch him, call dr if you see something out ordinary, constant crying, vomiting, unable to wake. I am sure he is fine, kids are pretty tough little things.
    ormom1977

Answer by ormom1977 at 3:14 AM on Jul. 4, 2009

• It has happened with all my kids. Babies handle a fall really well! Check his pupils and make sure they are dilating. If so, let the poor little guy sleep!
    micheledo

Answer by micheledo at 3:15 AM on Jul. 4, 2009

• Yes both my kids rolled off the couch and bed my son also rolled off the changing table. I just made sure they were fine never had to take either one the the hospital. Good luck
    mommy20507

Answer by mommy20507 at 5:36 AM on Jul. 4, 2009

• DS has rolled off the couch a few times, rolled off the bed a few times...and the of course literally fallen off the couch also. He is a daredevil in the making.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:58 AM on Jul. 4, 2009

• Babies hit their heads a lot when they start learning to move. I asked my son's doctor about when to be worried and he said that when the bump is bad enough to induce vomiting you should be worried.

I think that the bumps are harder on mom than on the baby - my son scraped his knee for the first time yesterday and I almost cried.

Kim, from justamomha.com

justamomHA

Answer by justamomHA at 11:38 AM on Jul. 4, 2009