used cars

so back in early march the repo man took hubbies car. left our family with just our wagon.... is what it is.. since then my hubby has landed new good job. im so grateful for this new job.. amen thank u god . and im trying to think abt saving for a car.. i am sahm mom to one toddler and my only form of wheels is my stroller... lol.. it gets outside and to the park...im grateful for my stroller.. well here is my question.. ?/if u were going to buy Used Car.. W hat kind would it would .. What would be your M inuium BUDGET.. im thinking like two grand.. a like 97 honda civic.. but that might be like 2500.. i dont know.. should i do an aunction.. what if any is your advice in buying a older econimcal car.. i cant do this tommrow. but im planning a little goal at a time.. and maybe by christmas i can have my own car again.. what are your ladies thoughts on craigslist... to fishy? anyway thank u!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:13 AM on Jul. 4, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I have sold many cars on craigslist, never bought though. Just be very careful. In our area we have great traveling mechanics who will meet you to check out cars with you. The investment is worth it!!
    ormom1977

Answer by ormom1977 at 3:18 AM on Jul. 4, 2009

• There are some good deals on craigslist. But there is propertyroom.com. This is a site for police auctions. There is some good used cars on there CHEAP.
    ronjwake

Answer by ronjwake at 3:19 AM on Jul. 4, 2009

• We bought our Jeep on Craig's List. We met the owner at a local grocery store & inspected & started the Jeep. My husband is a great mechanic so he checked it over pretty good. We watched the guy sign over the title & write a bill of sale & we checked his ID & he checked my husband's. We had no problems when we transferred the title to our name. Be smart. If the deal seems to good to be true, it is. Meet in daylight hours at a public place & if they try to sell you a story along with the vehicle (lost title or salvage or reasons for damages that don't fit), then walk away. Bring someone with you when you go see the car so you aren't alone carrying cash & with a stranger who knows you have cash. Many dealers post on Craig's List as well so it can be a great way to find smaller dealers who don't advertise on TV. Good luck!
    funnyface1204

Answer by funnyface1204 at 3:32 AM on Jul. 4, 2009