Do you/ your hubby have a job or a career?

I see so many people say they want to go back to work but would only be paying for daycare, working minimum wage, etc.

So I'm just curious do you have a career? Do you intend to have one? Would you be content not having a career?

I am about to start my masters in teaching. I don't think I could ever be content without a career. My hubby is military, when he gets out (less than 4 years!!!) he'll be working in a nuke power plant.

toriandgrace

Asked by toriandgrace at 4:10 AM on Jul. 4, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Aw, geez, I am too embarrassed to answer this. Yes I have a job.
    Gigi1969

Answer by Gigi1969 at 4:29 AM on Jul. 4, 2009

• I'm torn. I want a career just not sure what, but I also want to be a SAHM. I love it so much.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:41 AM on Jul. 4, 2009

• DH has a job, but is working towards getting a career.
    MommyLee08

Answer by MommyLee08 at 4:45 AM on Jul. 4, 2009

• We both have careers.
    2BZY

Answer by 2BZY at 5:28 AM on Jul. 4, 2009

• my hus band has a career I have a job.
    pagirl71

Answer by pagirl71 at 6:45 AM on Jul. 4, 2009

• My husband is a lifer with the US Army. I am currently pregnant and with a 2yo with a deployed husband. Once our lives calm down I plan on going back to school to finish my degree in Intelligence Operations. I don't really for see myself starting a "career" until my husband retires if he even wants me to go back to work then. We'll be 40 when he can retire so it won't be like we're too old to start new careers. I do plan on either homeschooling or at the very least sub-teaching in the school my children attend.
    RavnJay

Answer by RavnJay at 7:29 AM on Jul. 4, 2009

• DH has a career, he is a clinical coordinator for a non profit agency for individuals with disabilities. It pays the bills but its not always easy living on 1 income. I want to stay home until my kids are in school... so I am going to school at night to start a career in the future. I know I'll need to pick up a part time job in the mean time so I don't get the "you haven't worked in so long that we can't hire you" excuse.
    pinkgemini85

Answer by pinkgemini85 at 8:04 AM on Jul. 4, 2009

• We both had jobs, but now we have careers. We're full time grandparents and our career is spoiling our grandkids!
    RedHatLinda

Answer by RedHatLinda at 8:33 AM on Jul. 4, 2009

• yes, we both have careers. Hes a state liscensed electrician that works for a large industrial company. I am a stay at home mome and my career is raising my c hildren. Im even taking on homeschooling this year. I feel fulfilled doing this until my children are off to college...then maybe I will just get a job. My career will always be a mother.
    momofsaee

Answer by momofsaee at 8:41 AM on Jul. 4, 2009

• Of course as a Mother, being a mother is the most important thing I do, but I don't think that changes my answer: There have been times when I didn't work, but I have always have considered myself to have a professional career. I feel it is important to have a vocation in life. It is so much nicer than just going to work or "working". If you are following your passion with any kind of work, it is a career! If it builds on itself, it is a career.
    BJoan

Answer by BJoan at 9:45 AM on Jul. 4, 2009