Aching feet - 3 months postpartum

Does anyone experience aching feet without even doing anything? I gave birth in April and during that first month, my feet felt as if I ran marathons everyday. The pain is not as much now but still ache especially if I haven't moved them in a while. I feel like I've been working on my feet all day and they are sore. Anyone else have this problem? Any cures? When does it go away?

mschanng

Asked by mschanng at 5:36 AM on Jul. 4, 2009 in Health

• mine did that until about 8 weeks PP, they were horribly swollen also (it only happened with my third child, the first two I didn't have any problems). I tried to keep my legs elevated as much as possible, and when they hurt really bad (especially on the bottom) I would fill my dishpan with hot water and put some marbles in it. I would soak my feet, rolling them over the marbles, and it helped immensely. I also used aspirin and drank alot of water with lemon in it to get the swelling down. Hope this helps!
    plylerjones

Answer by plylerjones at 7:57 AM on Jul. 4, 2009

• I also did this after my 3rd and 4th babies and it continued on after the 4th. Once I lost my weight I never had any more problem. Not sure the connection, but losing the weight def. improved the pain. It was like when I woke up in the morning and put my feet on the floor, just to walk to the bathroom, my feet hurt like I had walked on gravel all the day before. As I walked, it would subside. But I began to dread getting up first thing in the morning.

Anyway, losing weight took care of it for me. I know, b/c I added pounds on last year and it started again. So once it was off, I didn't feel the foot pain.
    lifeasinoit

Answer by lifeasinoit at 11:36 AM on Jul. 4, 2009