Do you like classical music? Do you listen to it everyday?

I love classical music . We listen to it almost all day and sleep to it alot . I love Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart and Johann Sebastian Bach. What about you ?
I do also listen to country music lol . I just believe taht classical music is better for young minds .

Mrs.Owen86

Asked by Mrs.Owen86 at 5:49 AM on Jul. 4, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I love the Romantics, especially Chopin, and the Contemporary Russians - Rachmaninoff et al. My parents are both classically trained and used to play this game in the car between themselves of trying to figure out the time period, composer, and name of piece playing on public radio. I do the same thing now. :-) I do think classical music helps young minds develop because of the way it is written and played. In most pieces, there isn't a steady, heavy rythym line and that gets their brains to make different sorts of connections from what happens when kids only listen to "popular" music - and yes, there have been studies on the differences in brain development between kids exposed to different types of music.
    eema.gray

Answer by eema.gray at 10:57 AM on Jul. 4, 2009

• I have always loved classical although I have never studied it. I used to play classical music on my "walkman" lol and put the headphones on my belly when I was pregnant. I live in Los Angeles and they replaced our only FM station for classical music with country, I love country but now we have NOT one classical music station!
    Gigi1969

Answer by Gigi1969 at 6:35 AM on Jul. 4, 2009

• that sucks lol any am stations
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 6:45 AM on Jul. 4, 2009

• http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mi_efzYcXGI

Gotta love te nutcracker!!!

Gigi1969

Answer by Gigi1969 at 6:56 AM on Jul. 4, 2009

• I love most of it, some is too heavy and not as melodic as I enjoy. I listen a few times a week.

Answer by Bmat at 7:46 AM on Jul. 4, 2009

• Pachelbel-canon in D minor
    TMJ121099

Answer by TMJ121099 at 8:24 AM on Jul. 4, 2009

• Nope, I don't listen to it. And it doesn't have any effect on "young minds" than any other music. It's a fallacy that it helps them learn or anything else with the brain.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:03 AM on Jul. 4, 2009

• Yes because my sister is a professional classical guitarist. I listen to her play and it's awesome!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:11 AM on Jul. 4, 2009

• I think if you like classical music you should listen to it, but I also do not think it has any special powers on young minds or old minds...... But it can be enjoyable and it is great "background music" for almost any activity.
    BJoan

Answer by BJoan at 9:37 AM on Jul. 4, 2009

• i never said it had "special powers" geeze
    and yes i believe it is better for a young mind better then that crap on the radio why have them listen to sex and curse words whenthey can hear real music real intelligence
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 9:42 AM on Jul. 4, 2009