How do I remove spray paint from the sidewalk infront of my house?

some ghetto brats that live around the neighborhood sprayed the sidewalk and I think it looks really trashy and I want to erase there ghetto slang crappy mess, what can I use? plus they threw there horrible filthy shoes over the electrical telephone wires way up high and I don't know who I can call to get those shoes down as well?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:33 AM on Jul. 4, 2009 in Home & Garden

• In Chicago, we call 311 for city services. The "grafitti busters" generally come out within 24 hours.

Answer by rkoloms at 8:40 AM on Jul. 4, 2009

• I was not very popular in high school so I know about that all too well. lol so go to home depot or lowes and get some sidewalk colored paint and just paint over it. I think we must have had a good 10 coats of paint on our sidewalks! But it looked the same as everyone elses but ours was just a little smoother lol as for the shoes, I have no idea Im sure the city would come get them down. GL!
    Alysia_Moore

Answer by Alysia_Moore at 8:58 AM on Jul. 4, 2009

• I would definitely call city hall. Mainly b/c the city determines that its their property. If we crack our sidewalk or park our car tires on it (we live on a very busy street and have to park on the street) then we get fined. :(

Call the city. I bet they will take care of it for you, and I would ask them their time frame. Call again if they don't come out in the time they said just for a reminder. :)
    lifeasinoit

Answer by lifeasinoit at 10:57 AM on Jul. 4, 2009

• call the electric co for the shoes. Look on a can of spray paint and contact the manufacturer about how to remove the paint on the sidewalk. It may need to be sand blasted. I know around here there was some and they bleached the sidewalk. Most of it came out pretty good. I'm guessing they poured it full strength but I don't know that for sure

Answer by admckenzie at 7:39 PM on Jul. 4, 2009