breast milk production decrease due to weight loss?

Is it true? Does your milk supply decrease if you lose weight too fast? I feel that I'm not producing as much milk after I suddenly dropped 5 lbs but thought it was because the baby will adjust your body based on what they want to eat.

mschanng

Asked by mschanng at 6:39 AM on Jul. 4, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• If you are starving your self it can slow your milk production. I'm nursing my 4th baby and i know its tempting to crash diet to get your figure back, let alone fit into your clothes again
    lol I have found that if i eat normal and BF my milk supply will not be effected and the weight comes off within 6 months. I gain about 30 to 40lbs. whild BF i eat 3 meals a day with up to 2 snacks. I eat a lot of fruit and veggies, whole grain bread and turkey. I do eat "fast food" about once a week and have hamburgers and hotdogs twice a week. I don't cut out all junk food I just eat the things i feed my kids
    Bjoycassell

Answer by Bjoycassell at 7:55 AM on Jul. 4, 2009

• If you are concerned about your production try these:
    drink lots of water
    take brewers yeast tablets
    have lots of skin-to-skin contact with your baby
    eat a bowl of oatmeal very day.

Answer by rkoloms at 10:58 AM on Jul. 4, 2009