Do u think i will make it this long??

MY husband is supposed to be in a wedding about 4 hours away on august 29th...im already assuming that i will not be going with him, but I will be almost 36 weeks pregnant and im reallly hoping nothing happens while he is gone! My sue date is sept. 30th, so thats an extra month, but this is my first, so im just curious?!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:41 AM on Jul. 4, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I would be worried. When I approach 32 weeks, I'm already starting to anticipate the baby coming.
    mschanng

Answer by mschanng at 6:43 AM on Jul. 4, 2009

• i wouldnt worry
    seriously why worry your self?
    odds are you may go past your due date
    alot of first time moms go past the due date
    there is no need to worry over it tho if something does happen he is only 4 hours away and im sure hed get back in a hurry
    congrats and good luck
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 7:01 AM on Jul. 4, 2009

• Honestly, you just never know. However, if you did go into labor, your husband would have plenty of time to get back to you -- especially since this is your first. My water broke at 36w 6d and I didn't have my son for 35 hours. I wouldn't worry. Worrying will just stress you out! Just enjoy the time that you will have the house to yourself! Good luck!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:08 AM on Jul. 4, 2009

• First babies are generally late, by at least a week, then labor lasts a while with the first too. I wouldn't worry, matter of fact, I would be getting in the car to go with him. LOL
    kustomkrochet

Answer by kustomkrochet at 8:10 AM on Jul. 4, 2009

• You should go with your husband!! Consider it a last hurrah, a time when it will just be you and him and some fabulous maternity dress. Most first time mom's don't go into spontaneous labor until 41 weeks. And don't let some pitocin happy OB tell you otherwise, keep that baby in as long as he wants. And don't worry, we don't gain anything by worrying, especially when we're trying to grow a baby. Enjoy your pregnancy!!!
    EmKirk

Answer by EmKirk at 8:30 AM on Jul. 4, 2009

• Guess I'll be the one to disagree here. I think your husband is cutting it way too close and should not go to the wedding. With my first I went into labor at 36 wks and with my second I was 39 wks 2 days. And as for the person who said there is plenty of time for him to get back even if you did go into labor...well know one knows that. I know many women who had there labor progress very quickly (yes even first time pregnancies)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:21 AM on Jul. 4, 2009

• alot of first time moms go past the due date

my daughter, who is my first, was born at 37 weeks.... gl with everything
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 10:17 AM on Jul. 4, 2009

• I would have to say you should go with him or have him stay at home you are to far along to be without him and his support i know if my husband did that i would through a fit if he didnt let me go but you should do what you think is best labor does take a long time but there are some cases when the baby comes right out and you cant stop them my husband was born in a toilet becuase he came to fast and couldnt wait but you should do what you want.
    newmom183

Answer by newmom183 at 10:46 AM on Jul. 4, 2009

• Go to the wedding, the distraction will be good for you. Feel free to put you hospital bag in the car, but chances are you won't need it.

Answer by rkoloms at 10:56 AM on Jul. 4, 2009

• I was supposed to be in a wedding at 36 weeks but instead I had my baby. She was my first. I was 3 cm dialated and did not know it. I went for my regular checkup and ended up having my daughter that night.
    jthor

Answer by jthor at 11:59 AM on Jul. 4, 2009