Do you think we should abolish "Anonymous" questions and answers?

It seems to me that the "Anonymous" button has led to nothing but trouble. Instead of helping each other, we're wasting our time on creepy trolls, fake questions designed to start drama, and worst of all, being really mean to eachother. I think if you want to share your opinion with everyone, you should have the courage to put your name out there with it. Anyone agree with me that CM would be better off without the Anonymous option?

Jodie118

Asked by Jodie118 at 7:57 AM on Jul. 4, 2009 in About CafeMom

• If you google your user name, you will see why I use the anonymous button. I answer everything honestly and friendly. I see no reason to come to the help section or any other section to cause trouble. We are all mothers here trying to do the best for our children. But do to the internet picking up everything you say and it's very easy for someone to stalk you, I answer with the question mark.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:38 AM on Jul. 4, 2009

• i think we should ignore all the silly questions who we think are trolls compared to the real questions where ppl would rather use the anonymous button. i use the anon button for many personal reasons. does not make me a troll or a bd person causing drama. i do think ignoring the stupid silly questions and comments is a good idea. especially comming froma anon. it would lower the drama and conflicts.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:10 AM on Jul. 4, 2009

• i dont think so cause what if i have a question bout vaginal yeast issues maybe i dont want to announce my name that im making bread in my wohoo..!
    preggoinmn

Answer by preggoinmn at 8:11 AM on Jul. 4, 2009

• no. I think anonymous should remain. We can overlook silly answers. It teaches us coping skills for dealing with silly replies in life. I agree with preggoinmn, if I have a personal question I don't want others knowing who I am plus not all anon answers are bad. Some folks just don't want you to know how they think on a subject so it gives them the freedom to speak out. Take away anon replies? No. If they start there then next ppl will want to do away with secret ballots at voting time.

Answer by admckenzie at 8:35 AM on Jul. 4, 2009

• No I don't. People need to learn to just skip over the silly questions, drama questions et.c if they know or just don't respond.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:52 AM on Jul. 4, 2009

• No..we all have our freedom to express ourselves as well as if we want to be identified or not.. maybe those who are using anon button has their own personal reason...We, as mothers only think for the best of our kids and exchanging information and sharing experiences to one another are what really matter here in CM.Lets not compete nor to compare ourselves to one another..We are unique mother from each other with unique kids as well...Lets respect one another.Each of us is entitled of our own opinion...peace to all!
    jayzs

Answer by jayzs at 8:58 AM on Jul. 4, 2009

• 8:38, you're right. I had no idea. Is there some way to remove all the posts & questions from google? Even if I delete it here, will it show up as history? I'll be posting anon from now on.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:05 AM on Jul. 4, 2009

• I only ues it once in a blue moon but I think it should stay also... people will be rude with or without knowing there names this site is full of women we all know well fright sometimes!
    enaNianza

Answer by enaNianza at 9:17 AM on Jul. 4, 2009

• If it was up to me...I would get rid of ANONYMOUS.
    It's not like anyone really knows who you are on here anyways.

Answer by louise2 at 9:17 AM on Jul. 4, 2009

• I think the anonymous option used responsibly is fine because there are some personal questions and topics are best asked or discussed anonymously. Some people just prefer to remain anonymous and as long as they are behaving I don't have a problem with them. We all know how to ignore the silly and crazy stuff. I think anonymous should remain.

brwneyedgirl314

Answer by brwneyedgirl314 at 9:23 AM on Jul. 4, 2009