HELP I THINK MY DAUGHTER IS DEPRESSED

sad1280

Asked by sad1280 at 8:39 AM on Jul. 4, 2009 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• Why do you think so and how old is she?
    kustomkrochet

Answer by kustomkrochet at 8:43 AM on Jul. 4, 2009

• Take her to the doctor?

I would, being that she's so young.
    Gremlyn

Answer by Gremlyn at 8:44 AM on Jul. 4, 2009

• Take her to the dr and a therapist. I've heard people say that kids that age can't possibly get depressed and kids that age that talk about suicide don't know what they're talking about. That is crap! I was depressed and suicidal as a child and well in to my teens but not a soul ever tried to help me. When I tried to talk to my mother I was told to stop whining. Teachers complained about me being quiet and retiring but not one ever thought to ask why; probably because I got good grades anyway, the work was far too easy for me so I never needed to expend any effort.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:28 AM on Jul. 4, 2009

• i don't want to scare you, but speaking from personal experience, keep a very close eye on all men around her. i have experienced this myself when i was young, and 2 of my step daughters (while in mothers care) have been messed with as well. i hope this is not the case of your daughter!!!!!!!
    loram111

Answer by loram111 at 9:56 AM on Jul. 4, 2009