Avent & Playtex ventaire

im currently using playtex ventaire advanced bottles to help w gas but i was wondering if it would hurt to use avent bottles too. they r supposed to help w gas also. and the nipples r exactly the same. Only reason im askin is bc we only have 4bottles n they r so expensive & i found some avent ones at a consignment store pretty cheap. So, do you think they work as good as the playtex bottles?

EthansMommy5

Asked by EthansMommy5 at 8:51 AM on Jul. 4, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I say try them b/c its up to ur baby if he/she likes them or not
    enaNianza

Answer by enaNianza at 9:02 AM on Jul. 4, 2009

• Playtex drop-ins and make your formula ahead of time. That way bubbles have time to dissipate and you can squeeze the extra air out of the bottle by pushing up on the bag.

And they're cheaper than most others.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:04 AM on Jul. 4, 2009

• hes on the genlease formula & it doesnt make any bubbles when you shake it up
    EthansMommy5

Answer by EthansMommy5 at 9:09 AM on Jul. 4, 2009

• None that you can see, anyway. I promise you there is still air mixed in with any liquid when it's shaken.

I had a baby on Gentlease. I promise you it bubbles. His gas dropped tremendously when I started keeping it mixed ahead in the fridge, and I was using the cheap-o 97 cent walmart bottles.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:29 AM on Jul. 4, 2009

• My son uses the VentAire Advance bottles and they work really good for him. He's on Similac Isomil Advance and there's bubbles visible when I feed him because I make the bottle right before. It's never bothered him before, never gave him more gas. So I guess I'm pretty lucky about it. I've never used the Avent bottles before, but if you're buying them used I'd suggest either boiling the bottles and nipples REALLY well or buying new nipples for them. GL though!
    HisMommy414

Answer by HisMommy414 at 11:24 AM on Jul. 4, 2009

• Avent bottles made my son's gas issues 100 times worse when he was a newborn. We used Avent from day one and I never thought that the bottle was contributing to my son's fussiness and inconsoleable crying until his nana tried her granddaughter's playtex drop-ins with him. He was almost instantly calmer after feeding, and we saw dramatic improvement in his gas issues. He was finally a happy baby. That was at three months! He uses both playtex drop-ins and avent bottles now without any problems. He is one now and has been using Avent since, maybe, 9 months. If your little one is an older infant, go for it. If not, why switch if the ventiair bottles are working?
    ShadesofGrey

Answer by ShadesofGrey at 12:10 PM on Jul. 4, 2009

• we use the ventaire bottles as well. but my pediatrician also recommended the dr. brown's bottles to help with gas. i have one but haven't used it yet b/c i don't yet have a wide nipple for it and my son goes between breast and bottle, so i don't use standard nipples. also, have you tried mylicon for the gas? i give it to my son at least twice a day (ok'ed by the pediatrician) and he is so much more comfortable.
    KarenAmbrose

Answer by KarenAmbrose at 4:54 PM on Jul. 4, 2009