Another question for those who believe in ghosts,please!

Last night, I was laying in bed,and right next to me, I could swear I smelled a fragrance. It smelled like fragranced soap,and it was very strong. Now, obviously,no one was there, as far as I could see. But, a lot of strange things have been happening in our house,lately. I'm the one who asked about pets seeing spirits. So, my question is, do you think someone was there,and even though I didn't see them, I sensed them,by the fragrance? Should I call someone in to investigate,or see what happens next?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:37 AM on Jul. 4, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• I have much experience in this type of thing. The very first thing I would do is research the history of your home and land. See if anyone has died on the property. This helps to get a name. Next, when you 'feel' the presence or smell it, speak to it by name. "Are you (insert name)?" Sometimes, the smell with get stonger or you might even hear a noise- try not to get to excited, simply go on talking calmly like they are a real person. Ask them if they lived there before and if there is anything they need you to know. You can also ask if it bothers them that you're living there. If you don't have a name, try asking what it is.

If you are not too scared, perhaps run some recording device to see if you can pick up a voice answering your questions. As someone mentioned earlier, document your experiences.
    IhartU

Answer by IhartU at 1:03 PM on Jul. 4, 2009

• see what happens next! I watch ghost hunters religiously and thats how they tell some spirits are near! My grandfather passed when I was 6 and my mom swore up and down she smelled his after shave long after he was gone! She also had the neighbors complain about our TV being on really loud and it was always the same TV show, Bananza, my grandfathers favorite! We eould get home and the TV would be blaring every night at the same time to only that show! Our family has had so pretty freaky stuff happen to us through the years but it sounds like you have a little ghostly friend! ooh, thats sounds eerie! lol
    Alysia_Moore

Answer by Alysia_Moore at 9:43 AM on Jul. 4, 2009

• try to communicate with them.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:59 AM on Jul. 4, 2009

• Anon, how do I do that? Sorry to sound dumb,but I've never, as far as I know had an experience like this,and it's kinda got me rattled. How do I go about communicating with them?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:01 AM on Jul. 4, 2009

• I would say to communicate whit them, but then again, HELL TO THE NO! I would not mess with anything if it is there bacause agnoleging them will make it seem more scary to you. specially if you dont want them there!
    Alysia_Moore

Answer by Alysia_Moore at 10:03 AM on Jul. 4, 2009

• get some cameras and set them up in your house, turn out the lights and ask them questions like, how old are you, whats your name, why are you here,
    Alysia_Moore

Answer by Alysia_Moore at 10:05 AM on Jul. 4, 2009

• I don't know if I want them here or not. I just know at the moment, I have no idea who they are,or what they want. So far, they haven't done anything except just spook the bejabbers out of me,and make my dog rare up and bark at blank air. I just wish I knew more about all this. Maybe I should check out some episodes of Ghost hunters.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:05 AM on Jul. 4, 2009

• Ok, I see what you are saying Alysia. That sounds reasonable.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:06 AM on Jul. 4, 2009

• http://ghosts.monstrous.com/how_to_catch_a_ghost.htm

there is a scary movie link on the left of this site and it scared the crap out of me so turn your sound down lol but here are a few websites to check out!

http://www.wnyinsurance-quote.com/information-site/html/how_to_catch_a_ghost.html

http://www.the-atlantic-paranormal-society.com/

Alysia_Moore

Answer by Alysia_Moore at 10:09 AM on Jul. 4, 2009

• Thank you Alysia, once I put my son down for his nap, I will check them out. He just got up,and I can't do much now.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:12 AM on Jul. 4, 2009