Honest-to-Goodness! Do you think that the delivery is the most natural thing? or....

or you wish that someone would've told you about what was going to happen during delivery?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:43 AM on Jul. 4, 2009 in Pregnancy

• This is why you should take a childbirth preparation class (along with infant CPR/first aid, newborn care and breastfeeding).

Answer by rkoloms at 10:48 AM on Jul. 4, 2009

• I wish someone would have told me about it! I feel gross that thats gonna happen to me! I feel jipped! I thought child birth was supposed to be beautiful but then I got ahold of pregnancy books! Stretch marks, swelling body, leaky nipples, hair EVERYWHERE, back pain and more lovelyness of pregnancy!
    Alysia_Moore

Answer by Alysia_Moore at 9:48 AM on Jul. 4, 2009

• They have told me about all the horro stuf but i really dont think its going to be that bad i am looking at it as a learning experince
    newmom183

Answer by newmom183 at 10:38 AM on Jul. 4, 2009

• The child birth part was not very bad. Being pregnant was not fun. I liked some parts of it but overall wanted my body back. I went natural with my second even though I was a high risk birth with a premature baby of 4 weeks. I had a doula since my husband was possibly going to be there and she intervened to get me as little down time as possible. I did not have pitocin and was only checked for a few minutes every hour to check on my son. They broke my water just checking how dialated I was. I walked and walked and then my son was born with 40 minutes of pushing. My daughter was smaller and the contractions hurt so much after taking the pitocin that I ended up getting an epidural. Go natural. Walk and use the ball. Eat something to keep your energy up. I could not eat with the epidural and could without the epidural. Type up your plan, but I did not have mine until the end when my husband arrived with my bag.
    jthor

Answer by jthor at 11:47 AM on Jul. 4, 2009