When is an average scheduled c-section conducted?

Is it between 38-40 weeks of the pregnancy? Or do most doctors try to make it as close to the due date as possible? Or do most doctors just do an ultrasound to determine when the baby is able to survive outside the womb after a specific point in the pregnancy?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:52 AM on Jul. 4, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I've had 3 scheduled c-sections. Two at 38 weeks and one at 39 weeks. It all depends on yor doctor and how your pregnancy is going.
    luvbnmomnwife

Answer by luvbnmomnwife at 10:00 AM on Jul. 4, 2009

• There are a lot more requirements than the baby can survive. They try to do it close to the due date unless it is an emergency.

Alanaplus3

Answer by Alanaplus3 at 10:03 AM on Jul. 4, 2009

• I have my c-section scheduled right at 39 weeks but I was concerned that maybe they were off on the due date. I'm pretty much asking how they determine everything is ok to go ahead preform the c-section.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:09 AM on Jul. 4, 2009

• If you have one that is scheduled then they should do an ultrasound just before. That is how they know everything is ready to go. Your babies weight, size, lungs, every thing. Don't worry about it. Your doctor is a professional and knows if it's time or not!
    luvbnmomnwife

Answer by luvbnmomnwife at 10:14 AM on Jul. 4, 2009

• after 38 weeks.
    babycakes254

Answer by babycakes254 at 11:57 AM on Jul. 4, 2009