Getting ready to go to a wedding any help?

If for my ex's cousins she doesn't talk to him anymore and wanted my dd (her god daughter) to be her flower girl. I said it was ok because I think she should be allowed these rights. I'm not worried about her I worried the rest of the family might not appriciate my presence. (My ex is not invited but does know I'm going)

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:22 AM on Jul. 4, 2009 in Relationships

• If his family is going to start shit, then they obviously don't care much about the bride's big day!! just keep to yourself, don't feed into any shit & enjoy yourself.
    Wheepingchree

Answer by Wheepingchree at 10:38 AM on Jul. 4, 2009

• Just keep to yourself that's what I'd do. Don't wear anything to flashy either.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:27 AM on Jul. 4, 2009

• lol pp about "flashy" i wouldn't care what the other ppl thought if the bride wants you & your dd there, then forget about what everyone else thinks
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 10:30 AM on Jul. 4, 2009

• op his family will start shit if they don't like me they will say something that's what I'm afraid of I don't want to ruin her wedding day
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:32 AM on Jul. 4, 2009

• If the happy couple want you there then that's all that matters IMO. If you love and respect the bride and groom then you should go and anyone else who loves them will understand why you're there even if they don't like you personally.

I was kinda having the opposite problem where my sister treats me like crap but kept telling people my son was going to be her ring bearer. Luckily she broke off the engagement (not being selfish, it really wasn't a good idea in the first place) so I didn't get around to addressing the issue but I figure some day she's going to get married and I hope she bucks up her ideas before then!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:42 AM on Jul. 4, 2009

• I'd go to the wedding but not stay for the reception if I felt unwelcome by the family

Answer by admckenzie at 1:37 PM on Jul. 4, 2009