(tmi)..yeast infection medicine....

can you use an over the counter medicine for a yeast infection while you are pregnant? Im kinda confused about it cause i am 37 weeks..and dialted already so i dunno if it woud hurt or not.I am just very miserable..even stayed up last night it is so painful.The on call doc wont call back.and i dont think I can wait til monday when my doctors office is open.If you can use them..with me already being dialted,which is the best to use?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:25 AM on Jul. 4, 2009 in Pregnancy

• i wouldn't since you're dilated
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:28 AM on Jul. 4, 2009

• I dont think you should either but i doctor would know more than me I would just wait and try and dill with the pain than rather risk hurting the baby or maybe yourself
    newmom183

Answer by newmom183 at 10:40 AM on Jul. 4, 2009

• My doctor gave me a flyer with a list of things that are "safe" during pregnancy and Monistat was listed. however, since you're dialated, I wouldn't use any internal medication without speaking to the doctor. (you should check and see if there is a nurse line you can call either with your doctor's office or your insurance company). I would imagine some vagisil cream (applieed externally), might provide a little relief until you get ahold of osmeone. Good Luck!
    ANGIE409

Answer by ANGIE409 at 2:45 PM on Jul. 4, 2009

• You can also call labor and delivery at the hospital since the on call doc won't call you back.. they would be able to tell you if its safe or not.

And good luck! The only time I ever get yeast infections is when I am pregnant.. but I get em real frequent.. my doctor had me taking the pill to get rid of em.
    Skye-Angel

Answer by Skye-Angel at 1:33 PM on Jul. 5, 2009