anyone who knows anything bout diabetes?

ok so heres the thing. im 21, going on 22. i just had my son almost a yr ago. hes 10 months. sinse the birth of my son its been very hard for me to recover. i cant get back into shape or lose a pound. my skin on my hands and feet is always so dry it cracks and bleeds. my visin went from perfect to i cant see nothing unless i blink a million times. im constantly peeing, feeling tired and achey. also the hair that i have in the normal places*legs, arms pubic region* seems to be no longer there or thinning dramaticly. and its all over my stomach my upperlip and upperback. which it has never been. now im a very healthy young lady i was small b4 baby*150-160's and im 5'9* now im 200 pounds and stuck. i breastfed up until 2 weeks ago as well. my sons 10 months. oh and my feet and ankles swell like crazy all the time, as well as go numb. anyone.. lastly my first menstural cycle sinse i got prego and had baby just came and went.

chris-s-wife

Asked by chris-s-wife at 10:32 AM on Jul. 4, 2009 in Health

• ran out of space!!! i was concerned to know if anyone could help me try and understand if i may possibly have diabetes. im currently in the midst of changing health insurances so i cannot afford to see a dr at the moment. but it would be of great help if someone could give me an opinion. again, i am a healthy person, i dont over eat or undereat. and im not a junkfood junkie. hell i dont eat/drink soda chips cookies or anyting like that. not even french fries... im worried and scared. please help.
    chris-s-wife

Answer by chris-s-wife at 10:36 AM on Jul. 4, 2009

• you could have but like the other person said you need a doctor's opinion not just random ppl... sorry about the insurance but that's the only way, is to go to a doctor
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:37 AM on Jul. 4, 2009

• You need to see a doctor. Google "Community Health Centers" to find the master Web site of government-run health clinics that will see anyone, regardless of their ability to pay. You can drill down to find the location of a clinic near you.

In the interim, a low fat vegan diet has been proved to be healthiest for type 2 diabetes, heathier than the tradtional ADA diet.
    You can get free meal plans and recipes from Dr. McDougall, or find his books at your local library: http://www.drmcdougall.com/free.html

Answer by rkoloms at 10:38 AM on Jul. 4, 2009

• i <3 u alicia! lol. but i mean its been this way, my health that is, sinse after z was born. n nothing seems to help. as for lows and hi's.. i've always had a blood sugar prob. it would drop really low alot n i would pass out(this is b4 baby) dont kno if that means anything... but i am rly begining to wory. :(
    chris-s-wife

Answer by chris-s-wife at 10:45 AM on Jul. 4, 2009

• lol :) guess someone didnt care for my answer lol! when you do get insurance go in or see if there are any low income or what not clinics.
    preggoinmn

Answer by preggoinmn at 10:50 AM on Jul. 4, 2009

• i see that. i dont know why people do that crap. its like im asking a question for a useful opinion. i obviously know i need to see a dr! but i cant afford to at the moment. so im asking people with the same problem or symptoms or ppl who know about diabetes to give me their help..stupid people do stupid things iguess. but yea.. the bottoms of my feet and the skin on my fingers is so dry and cracked its bleeding. and i live in skin therapy lotions...nothings helping..
    chris-s-wife

Answer by chris-s-wife at 10:59 AM on Jul. 4, 2009

• Here's a link to American Diabetes Assoc.: http://www.diabetes.org/ 

Go to the first link on the top left.  Click on "All about diabetes"  Then click on "Diabetes Risk Test" and then after, click on the "Overview" to give you some ideas if you have the symptoms that might be putting you at risk. 

lifeasinoit

Answer by lifeasinoit at 11:32 AM on Jul. 4, 2009

• The feeling weak and sometimes passing out b4 you had you little man, could have been low iron. But if you were feeling nauseous during the day, esp. before a meal, you might have been hypoglycemic, which is low blood sugar. Remember, that either way, either high or low blood sugar, that protein is paramount to helping your body maintain the proper level.

Protein facilitates the natural sugar that you get from foods. If you were hypoglycemic then you would need protein 3 times a day (eggs, nuts, meat, dried beans) to keep your energy level up. Along with low iron, red meat gives the best supply. With high blood sugar I would limit starches (bread, cereals, pastas) and eliminate sugar altogether, including sweet drinks.

Check out the site. I understand your worry and also your concern to feel better and heal your body. :)

lifeasinoit

• you may have Sjogrens. google it and read about it
    Anonymous

• It sounds like you need your thyroid checked. You really should try somehow to see a doctor be4 you end up in a hospital with no choice.
    Janet

Answer by Janet at 2:03 PM on Jul. 5, 2009