• In the Spotlight:

Am I the only one that hates being a parent?

I know I should love my kids, and I do, But I really wish there weren't mine. I never wanted them, I wanted to give them up at birth, but my DH just wouldn't let me. Now, they are 2 and 3 and I dread when they have to wake up every day. I hate that they need constant care and that they are so loud and messy. My DH just thinks they are the greatest things ever, but not me. I lothe being a mom! Everything about it sucks! I didn't make this choice but I'm stuck with the end result. Now I have to learn how to deal... Where do I start? How do I get to a point where I actually can enjoy my kids? Right now, I just see them as a huge burden, and one I never wanted... So, what do I do?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:38 AM on Jul. 4, 2009 in General Parenting

• #1 if you don't want kids, figure out how to not become pregnant, the best way is to keep your legs closed, you'd think after the 1st kid you would have "learned"

NO, being a mother is not easy, but those kids did not ask to be brought into this world, and since you are their mother, they need and love you....don't be so damn selfish
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:40 AM on Jul. 4, 2009

• Well...if you hate them and your current life so very much...why don't you explain it to your husband and ask for a divorce...then you could leave...give him full custody and sign away your parental rights and you'll never have to see those "little burdens" ever again?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:43 AM on Jul. 4, 2009

• I will never understand how someone could feel that.... I mean really, what is it that really bugs you about being a mom. That you have to stop what you are doing to take care of them? That you don't get enough you time? What? Perhaps if your doing most of the taken care of, then you could ask your husband to help you more, if he does not want to do that then I suggest doing what the PP said.

soonmommyof3

Answer by soonmommyof3 at 10:55 AM on Jul. 4, 2009

• Sorry but no, being a mom is the best thing thats ever happened to me. Stop thinking about yourself thats how you can enjoy your children.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:02 AM on Jul. 4, 2009

• I hear where you are comming from. I hate being a mom too. But that's just part of having kids, lol. My kids are a handful and a half and I have no one to help me with them most of the time. I work from home full time and out of the home part time and then I go to school (from home as well). My house is a total mess and due to phyisical issues I NEVER feel well. There have been days I was physically ill with the thought of them being awake. But that doesn't mean I don't love them. You just have to learn to keep going. I have no control over my kids in the least. I put them in time out or smack their butts, they just laugh, because they know when daddy gets home they will get to do what ever they want. I have tried everything but he just overrides me and lets them go, he says I'm to hard. I didn't want to keep mine either, I even had another family lined up, he DH refused to sign as well. All I can say is breath deep...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 11:04 AM on Jul. 4, 2009

• You need counseling. If you hate being a mom that much and hate when your kids wake up everyday than I honestly think you have some serious probelms if you really resent your kids that much. I'd honestly be afraid that you might hurt them one day, physically or emotionally. Get yourself a therapist.
    Ash9724

Answer by Ash9724 at 11:07 AM on Jul. 4, 2009

• They won't be kids forever. And eventually they grow up and move out and we get to be us again... I hate that I don't get to even dress decent or do my hair and makeup because the kids just ruin it. I hate that my DH and I don't even get to sleep in the same room because of the kids or that everything I own gets broken. I can't stand any of it. But I love my kids, and I don't believe in devorce. So, you just have to stick it out. Once they start school it will get a little easier, at least you will get a break durring the day. For me, I can't wait. I would love to have 8 un-interupted hours to work... But as for now, I just have to deal with the screaming and fighting and trashing my house... It will get better, just keep your head up.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 11:08 AM on Jul. 4, 2009

• Maybe you are depressed. Talk to a doctor or therapist. And if you still feel this way then you should sign away your rights and get out of their lives before they realize you hate them.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:09 AM on Jul. 4, 2009

• Wow that is rough.... How old are you maybe you had kids too young?? If I never wanted kids I would have never HAD ANY... because they really need to grow up with lots of love and attention, and if you feel you can't do that I would talk to my husband, or maybe you need time alone to see how it feels to be without them... You might actually miss them when they are gone. Do they have grandparents around, maybe you just need a little vacation or break. But kids are the BEST thing in the world......and there are lots of people who choose not to be parents maybe that is what you should have stuck to..

mybabyjr

Answer by mybabyjr at 11:09 AM on Jul. 4, 2009

• I think to a point every mom dreads when the kids wake in the morning...cause that means WE have to start working too!!! I don't see that as the same as flat out hating that you had them though. If you were so against it to begin with, you should have prevented the situation from happening to begin with. I adore my children..I love them with every fiber of my being every single second of the day....but, yes, I do get run down and exhausted, and I do sometimes wish they sleep just a "little" longer so I can catch more shut eye, but I think that's just human nature.

If you don't want them, get a divorce and give full custody to your hubby. If he doesn't want them if you're gone, then PM me and I'll adopt them for you. I'd love too. See you have options even now.
    lighthousemom3

Answer by lighthousemom3 at 11:17 AM on Jul. 4, 2009