once a cheater always a cheater? no matter who they are with?

chicknlitlle69

Asked by chicknlitlle69 at 1:17 AM on Jun. 22, 2008 in Relationships

• I would have to say no. If a man cheats on you then he will probably do it to you again but it is not to say that if he meet the right person for him that he will again cheat. I have known people that cheated in the past that are now in great healthy relationships with other people. (I use he but it should be implied that it he/she)
    blueyedalls

Answer by blueyedalls at 1:21 AM on Jun. 22, 2008

• No that's not true. I would discuss the issue with him and find out why he strayed in the first place. When I met my husband he'd been with his gf for almost 3 years. He was ready to get married and have a family and she wasn't. We "hooked up" while they were still dating. But now he's loyal as a dog. He loves me and he knows better than to cheat. And to tell you the truth, I trust him with my whole heart.

My only worry would be is if he's cheated on you before. Because unfortunately their are some men who can't stop.
    2murphyboys

Answer by 2murphyboys at 1:26 AM on Jun. 22, 2008

• Absolutely not!...it really should not matter who they are with though. What should matter is intention, respect, honesty and love. If a person was a cheater...has acknowledged the wrongs, accepted the consequences of those actions, works to repair the damages and is truly remorseful....they can change if they want to. Only after they have made these changes are they worthy of trust.
    MommasCooCoo

Answer by MommasCooCoo at 4:37 AM on Jun. 22, 2008

• No way no how, and I know this FIRST HAND. I admit that I haven't been the most trustworthy girlfriend in my past relationships. I cheated on way more than one of my exes, sometimes as soon as in our first couple of months together. But right now I have been with my husband a total of three and a half years and I haven't so much as THOUGHT about it. I think there are definitely people who will never stop straying, but there are also plenty of others who CAN settle down and have a relationship without doing things like that. I really feel that sometimes it takes meeting the right person and finally growing up to get people out of doing things like that.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:27 AM on Jun. 22, 2008

• People can and do change, I don't believe that once a "____"*-whatever it is, you are always one. For instance, "once an addict, always an addict." Or "once fat, always fat." Life is always fluid and changing, and so are each one of us. If we are honest, not a single one of us would like each moment of their life put up on a video screen for everyone else in the world to see!
    amoonstar

Answer by amoonstar at 9:51 AM on Jun. 22, 2008

• i dont think so, but then if they were any sort of person they would talk to you and not just go out n cheat,
    sammy04k

Answer by sammy04k at 10:53 AM on Jun. 22, 2008

• No... but be careful... I believe when you find the right one they/you dont cheat. Im going to be honest, my husband is the FIRST man i have ever been with that i DIDNT cheat on. As bad as that sounds its true. Even my longest relationship (3 years) I dont know how many times i cheated! When you find the right person I dont thin you cheat.
    Anonymous

• No, not a all. People change
    Pauline3283

Answer by Pauline3283 at 4:35 PM on Jun. 22, 2008

• I disagree. I use to cheat on my ex husband, 3 x in fact, but I did it for obvious reasons. He was an abuser. I am with someone who treats me wonderfully now and I could never break her heart like that.
    phazed.0ut

Answer by phazed.0ut at 7:28 PM on Jun. 22, 2008

• sorry ive been with a cheater broke my heart once a cheater always a cheater i found out that the girl he got with after me he cheated on with her friend...so cheating is addictive i feel that when they feel they can get away with it theyll keep doin it. im very faithful to my man..we have discussions like this alot he tells me if he was ever to do something like that it was just a fuck nothing more.he would never do it on purpose and would never leave me...first of all theres no excuse ive been in sooooo many positions to where gooood looking men approached me and i easily had the oppurtunity to sleep with them but u know what runs in my mind...is it worth loosing my kids or my husband? so he should think the same way if he loves u!
    ShYmAmA08

Answer by ShYmAmA08 at 8:38 PM on Jun. 22, 2008