Any moms out there homeschooling?

YayaGietz

Asked by YayaGietz at 11:08 AM on Jul. 4, 2009 in General Parenting

• Yes, I have 3 children ages 15 , 10 , and 6. The oldest is in public school, but I've always homeschooled the two youngest.
    lighthousemom3

Answer by lighthousemom3 at 11:10 AM on Jul. 4, 2009

• There are a ton of moms on here that homeschool. If you type 'homeschool' into the search field you'll find a lot of homeschool groups that you can join to meet other moms that homeschool.
    sheriskidmore

Answer by sheriskidmore at 11:18 AM on Jul. 4, 2009

• In fact one of the groups has close to 6000 members, so that should give you an idea of how many moms on here homeschool. :)
    sheriskidmore

Answer by sheriskidmore at 11:20 AM on Jul. 4, 2009

• This will be my first year homeschooling! I'm putting together lessons plans now. Well not literally right NOW, but you know...lol.
    rosesNclovers

Answer by rosesNclovers at 11:28 AM on Jul. 4, 2009

• I've been homeschooling my kids for almost 7 years. Check out the Happy Homeschoolers group here on CM. It has over 5000 members.
    mancosmomma

Answer by mancosmomma at 11:31 AM on Jul. 4, 2009

• I homeschooled one of my grandkids but he's 19 now.

Answer by admckenzie at 11:45 AM on Jul. 4, 2009

• This is also my first year homeschooling too. Im a bit nervous about it. We just moved and the schools arent up to my standards so I feel I have no other choices. Nevertheless, Im still working on getting all my stuff together and it will likely be late August before we even get started. My oldest is 15 and Im going to try to get her into a private school so that she can finish highschool. I dont feel equipped to homeschool her. Its all new for me but I know its the right thing to do. Good luck to you and me both..
    momofsaee

Answer by momofsaee at 11:56 AM on Jul. 4, 2009

• I am thinking about homeschooling myself (first baby due in a few weeks), yes I know it's early but as momofsaee said there aren't any schools here up to my standards. I have several SILs who homeschool one has a midschooler this year and is doing a homeschool that is web based, perhaps this is something momofasaee could look into for her 15 year old. PM me if you need more information I am sure I can get info from my SIL.
    finallyamom40

Answer by finallyamom40 at 12:18 PM on Jul. 4, 2009

• I homeschool, this will be our second year. I am the group owner of "Christian Homeschoolers" here on Cafemom if you'd like to come join us. There are alot of veteran homeschoolers ( and newbies too) in the group who have a wealth of information and support!!)
    Bethsunshine

Answer by Bethsunshine at 12:20 PM on Jul. 4, 2009

• Yep. I'm a second-generation homeschooler.
    Fistandantalus

Answer by Fistandantalus at 12:43 PM on Jul. 4, 2009