has anyone used 5-htp or st. johns wort?

what did it do for you?
would you recomend it?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:14 AM on Jul. 4, 2009 in Health

• I took 5-HTP prior to taking 'E' to raise serotonin levels for a better experience. Then after to reduce the recovery time. If your serotonin levels are low it will raise them.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:21 AM on Jul. 4, 2009

• Ive been taking St. Johns Wort before I had my son, and after I had my son. I felt better before having my son, then stopped it when I foudn out I was pregnant. Now Im taking it again but dont feel as I did before my son now 2 years old. I just bought 5htp today and am going to take it tonight and tomrrow afternoon and so on to see how much better I feel. The lady at the Health food store said that it only takes about a week to feel the difference compared to St. JW taking about 2 or more months, which with me its taken about that long or more but I still dont feel any extra energy. I also was diagnosed with PCOS a few months ago and Im also dealing with that. With St. JW, your supposed to be taking 2 pills, 3 times a day but I dont like taking that many a day, so thats another reason Im trying the htp, since you just take between 1 and 3 a day depending on the person.

Good Luck!
    maxsmommy07

Answer by maxsmommy07 at 4:47 PM on Sep. 16, 2009