Who wants to be a Global Warming Pundit?

Or: Who wants a Job where you can be Wrong and still Claim you’re Right?

A Global Warming expert writes for our local paper. He predicted Winter of 2007/2008 would be a drought. Instead, we had snow levels 150% of normal. He credited the high snow levels to global warming.
He predicted Spring/Summer of 2008 hotter than normal. Instead, we had pretty normal summer temperatures.
He then predicted Winter of 2008/2009 would have no snow. We had a pretty average winter, in terms of cold and snow. He credited the two days that we had near-record cold to global warming.
He then predicted the Spring/Summer of 2009 would be a hot and dry. We have had above average rainfall and the temperatures have been cool. He claims the extra rain is because of Global Warming.
He's a scientist who hasn’t accurately predicting anything is the last two
years, and still has a job. Who wouldn't want that job?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:26 AM on Jul. 4, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• Just like medicine, long-term weather forecasting is not an exact science. Anyone who tries to predict what the future holds is nothing more than a fortune teller. On a day to day basis, they can pretty much tell us if we are going to have rain or snow, but their long-term models depend upon what numbers are inputted. If the numbers are higher or lower in any variable, the model will predict something completely different. Our local forecaster pretty much sticks to five day and seven day forecasts, I haven't heard him try to predict what the seasons will hold for our area--probably because it isn't a very good idea to stick your neck out that far and have Mother Nature ruin your reputation.
    Anonymous

• Because the stupid lib media wants you to think they are experts. It is the biggest fraud pulled on the people in history.
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 11:35 AM on Jul. 4, 2009

• I want that job! Where do I apply?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:38 AM on Jul. 4, 2009

• All I have to say is, here in PA the HIGH was 65 the past few days, FIRST WEEK OF JULY!! Global warming my fanny. I think anyone who believes that bunch of baloney needs their head examined.
    Bethsunshine

Answer by Bethsunshine at 11:41 AM on Jul. 4, 2009

• I am pretty sure you don't know what you are talking about
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:43 AM on Jul. 4, 2009

• Anon :43, just what are you talking about?
    Anonymous

• oh i dont know, look at the ice caps, they are melting too fast, glacier shelves are falling off at record speed...sea level is up..but hey as long as the tin foil hat people can grow gills more power to them
    Anonymous

• Obviously you haven't read the studies showing the glaciers growing larger, and the temperature averages actually going down.

Go worship at the temple of Gore, maybe he will give you a tour of his energy-hogging house and you can both wear YOUR tin-foil hats while you fly around in his private plane.
    Anonymous

• "Carlin’s report listed a number of recent developments he said the EPA did not consider, including that global temperatures have declined for 11 years; that new research predicts Atlantic hurricanes will be unaffected; that there’s “little evidence” that Greenland is shedding ice at expected levels; and that solar radiation has the largest single effect on the earth’s temperature. "

www.rightpundits.com:%3Fp=4184.webloc

Anonymous

• Oh , they hear all the stuff coming out these days not supporting global warming (or whatever) and they just ignore it. Pretend it doesn't exist. They just go on with their lies and look at you like an idiot when you say there is no global warming. Makes me want to scream and spit. It would not be wise for me to have a gun anywhere near me if I was talking about this subject. LOL
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 4:07 PM on Jul. 4, 2009