Do you put your religion into the 4th?

We are going to mass before our party tonight and thank God for this wonderful country.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:30 AM on Jul. 4, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• only in the prayer we say before our 4th feast. we thank God for the founding fathers' bravery & courage to do what they thought was best for all. we thank Him that we are lucky enough to live in America & thank Him for the freedoms we have.

what a great day it is!
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 11:45 AM on Jul. 4, 2009

• No, I hate the 4th... It's just an excuse for my neigbors to get drunk, and light off these huge fireworks "shows" every night for 2 weeks. Fireworks aren't even legal here, but the cops just say, "It's that time of year." This guy next to me was lighting them off till 1:30 am every day for the last week, and then up by 6 to do it again. We are all miserable but the cops won't do anything cause they buy their drugs from him... I am just happy when it's over and quiet again.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 11:50 AM on Jul. 4, 2009

• I have developed a Ritual incorporating FIRECRACKERS

MamaK88

Answer by MamaK88 at 11:58 AM on Jul. 4, 2009

• no but then again I don't celebrate holidays (not for religious reasons). Other than Thanksgiving Day I think they serve no real purpose not to mention I hate fireworks and drunks.

Answer by admckenzie at 1:26 PM on Jul. 4, 2009

• sabrina--i am so sad for you. YOur neighbors want to celebreate and you feel the need to put them down. It makes me sad.
    Anonymous

• LOL anon.

But I know what you mean Sabrina we used to have neighbors who would light half sticks of dynamite outside our house. I would be just almost asleep and then I would hear a boom so loud it would shake our house. It was terifying. I would call the cops they would come and leave and the explosions would start all over again. It was very hard for me to have a happy heart towards them : ) LOL

I personally love the patriotic songs like God Bless America, and the Battle Hymn of the Republic. We used to go to a huge show that would play songs like this. Tonight we are just having our friends over here for fireworks. I don't plan on playing those songs from my stereo : (
    Cinnamon-mom

Answer by Cinnamon-mom at 2:07 PM on Jul. 4, 2009

• Not really.
    Amaranth361

Answer by Amaranth361 at 3:01 PM on Jul. 4, 2009

• i thank Satan for this wonderful country...no i don't put religion into any holiday(except for birthdays and Halloween)

necro1134

Answer by necro1134 at 7:59 PM on Jul. 4, 2009

• No.
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 9:30 PM on Jul. 4, 2009

• it doesn't really fit religiously..

but it does in a more spiritual kind of way. I love the boom and lights of fireworks.. always have, always will.

Tonight was my daughters first time seeing them (18 months).. and she LOVED them :).
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 11:21 PM on Jul. 4, 2009