• In the Spotlight:

SHOULD I BREASTFEED

MY SON IS 12 MONTHS AND STILL BF.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:48 AM on Jul. 4, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Yes!! Awesome nutrients and antibodies are still beneficial to your baby at any age. Way to go mom on the great job sticking in there. Breastfeeding for 2 years decreases your risk of Breast and Ovarian Cancer by about 40%. Your half way there ;)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:50 AM on Jul. 4, 2009

• If you and the baby both want to, yes!
    apexmommy

Answer by apexmommy at 11:57 AM on Jul. 4, 2009

• if u can go for it only a year old isn't to old
    enaNianza

Answer by enaNianza at 11:58 AM on Jul. 4, 2009

• That's a good reason to bf if the woman's into menopause for a long time and there's no cancer of that kind. I bf three kids no day care for any of them and they weren't any more healthy than kids I knew of not bf and kids I knew who were. Baby will get tons of sicknesses aging from neighborhood kids and day care or preschool and ele. too. My third baby was both bf and formula fed and I was a sahm mom for all three.

Don't bf thinking your baby will rarely or hardly be sick or you stand a little chance of cancer. Cancer is from many different factors over a very very long time. DO BF knowing you might help baby might help yourself. BF is comforting and bonds bonds bonds baby knowing mom's love. Remember I bottle fed and breast fed my last baby. Baby bonds bottle or breast. If your baby still want to nurse if work makes it difficult at baby's age you've given already baby a great deal, you're not a failure for stopping.
    Anonymous

• If you and your baby still want to BF then do it, if you don't, then don't!
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 12:55 PM on Jul. 4, 2009

• I hope all of you breastfeeding to cut your chance of cancers don't get them from other sources.

If you want to continue breastfeeding your TODDLER then do so. He's not a baby, doesn't need it as he should be getting his nutrients from food by now...but there's no rule that says you can't continue breastfeeding a toddler.

Anonymous

• If it's bothering you to nurse your child now-a-days, then stop. You made it to A YEAR of breastfeeding, that is truly great. You can stop now if you want. But, if you want to continue, go right ahead. I weaned my daughter at 11 months and she was off the breast at 14 months and 1 week old. The only reason I stopped nursing was because I was having another baby and wanted a break before I started nursing my second child. do what you want, it's all up to how you feel.
    GreekMama28

Answer by GreekMama28 at 5:35 PM on Jul. 4, 2009

• The good stuff your baby gets (like the things that prevent infection and what not) only are effective until your child is 6 MONTHS old. After a whole year, it's kind of redundant.

Do you really want a toddler hanging off your tit?
    AmandaMarie821

Answer by AmandaMarie821 at 5:57 PM on Jul. 4, 2009

• I went till at least 20 months w/ all of my kids. I alway's left it up to my babies to decide when they were done.
    twotwinsmom

Answer by twotwinsmom at 9:32 PM on Jul. 4, 2009

• some of u people r so nasty, theres nothing wrong with bf. i breastfed my son until he was 14mths old. he also ate breakfast, lunch and dinner, but also had breast milk. why cant people just either answer the question or dont say anything if you're going to be nasty.
    Anonymous