• In the Spotlight:

am I taking homeopathic medicine correctly?

I have been taking homeopathic medicine for possible adrenal fatigue. Once my symptoms were gone and I felt better, so I stopped taking it. Someone told me I should never just...stop....taking medicine for the adrenal glands...but I thought once the ailments were gone is when to stop taking the homeopathic medicine? My symptoms recently came back (fatigue, lethargy, muscle ache, slight insomnia, restlessness) and I started taking the medicine again yesterday and I already feel an improvement (not 100%, but I feel a lot better than yesterday). So should I just continue taking all the homeopathic medicine till it is gone, even if my symptoms are gone?

Owl_Feather

Asked by Owl_Feather at 11:50 AM on Jul. 4, 2009 in Health

• Before you discontinue ANYthing for Adrenal gland problems, go see a doctor FIRST!!!!
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 12:47 PM on Jul. 4, 2009

• I am calling the doctor on tuesday and scheduling an appointment! My mom told me about SMAC which is many bloodtests for the thyroid, diabetes...etc. She also told me the symptoms sound like it might simply be the flu or a cold approaching, but I just feel that it's something more, plus I dont' have a fever. But I woke up this morning feeling very refreshed. I think part of my problem yesterday was from lack of sleep the other night. and since retaking the medicine I feel a little better which is why I think it is adrenal/thyroid related!
    Owl_Feather

Answer by Owl_Feather at 12:59 PM on Jul. 4, 2009

• Check with your homeopath...

Answer by rkoloms at 9:23 AM on Jul. 5, 2009

• Are you taking real homeopathic medication? Homeopathic solutions do not contain any active ingredients in it. The thought is that diluting a dangerous substance in water will have the opposite affect on your body. So, if you really are taking homeopathic solutions, than you can stop at anytime because they are no better placebo. I journaled about homeopathic solutions, you can check that out if you wish. Now, if you really do have adrenal gland issues, you should be taking medication, not homeopathic solutions and if someone recommended the homeopathic solution instead of medication, that person is doing your health a great disservice. If this person is a homeopath, the person is being unethical.
    MotherofIreland

Answer by MotherofIreland at 12:05 PM on Jul. 5, 2009