help please

ladies i have a question for you i am currently feeding the baby formula and my husband wants me to try to breastfeed but won't it mess his stomach up cuz he is used to the formula????? and also i reallly don't want to breastfeed i didn't with my first and she is fine but everyone tells me i should and im kinda feeling guilty.. is formula that bad??

wiggsbabe

Asked by wiggsbabe at 12:07 PM on Jul. 4, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• its personal preference....they say breast is best...i fed my son formula and he is fine...tell everyone who is telling you that t shut up...its ur body and your baby...you decide
    Mamaof2boys0709

Answer by Mamaof2boys0709 at 12:09 PM on Jul. 4, 2009

• What's your reasoning for not breastfeeding? It's so much better for you and baby.
    preggoandfat

Answer by preggoandfat at 12:09 PM on Jul. 4, 2009

• If breastfeeding isn't what you want, don't be pressured into it. Yes, breastmilk is better. But a happy mom means a happy baby. If you're much happier formula-feeding him, then that's the best for your family. I doubt it will upset his stomach unless he is senstive to something you ate.
    ShadesofGrey

Answer by ShadesofGrey at 12:12 PM on Jul. 4, 2009

• I didn't breast feed either of my two kids & my daughter is the smartest kid in her class & very advance & healthy. So I don't think it really makes a difference, just your preference. I didn't want to breastfeed because it felt so uncomfortable for me.
    jfblaine

Answer by jfblaine at 12:15 PM on Jul. 4, 2009

• they say breast is best b/c ur bodies antibodies helps the baby's immune system, but formula isnt bad either form a nurtrional point. dont let anyone pressure u into breast feeding. i only bf my dd for 4 month and people tod me i should of did it longer but my milk supply wasnt keeping up with her appitite. no switching form formula to breast shouldnt mess with her tummie. if u wanna try it to see if u can tolerate it then go ahead btut if u dont then dont worry about what other people think ur her mom and u know her best
    rainmommy

Answer by rainmommy at 12:32 PM on Jul. 4, 2009

• YOUR BODY YOUR BABY YOUR CHOICE. No one gets to pressure you into anything.

Answer by gdiamante at 3:03 PM on Jul. 4, 2009

• Breastfeeding is better for your baby. Not to pressure you, but I would encourage you to try it. It won't mess up his tummy, it's the most natural food you can give him. I breastfed all 4 of mine simply because it was cheaper and I loved having them next to me, doing what only I could do for them. It also kept them very healthy because they were getting my immunities - none of them even got the sniffles until I weaned them at a year or so.

Answer by missanc at 3:22 PM on Jul. 4, 2009

• Please don't allow yourself to be pressured into breast feeding. If it isn't for you then don't do it. I decided not to, for more than one reason, I have a medical condition and take medication. I didn't want to have it come through the milk. I might have been able to get around it, might, but I didn't want to breast feed. I am not comfortable with it and have no desire to do so. I have had tons of people tell me I should, but the same people also tell me other things I "should" be doing as well. My baby is very health and thriving and I am not too worried about his eathing habits. He is happy and so am I.
    stephgood1

Answer by stephgood1 at 4:14 PM on Jul. 4, 2009