What other than Curly Noodle Soup can I make with Ramen??

My grandma gave me and my hubby about 48 packages of Ramen, and although no one in my little family really cares for it, I know that there are other things that I can make with it, I just don't know what. Please help.

chelcityrocks

Asked by chelcityrocks at 12:08 PM on Jul. 4, 2009 in Food & Drink

• Sometimes we have it, take a lb. of ground beef cook, rinse and drain it, add a can of black beans, can of regular (or mild) Rotel tomatoes and chillies, 3 cups of beef broth, 3 cups water. Bring it to a boil and add the noodles. Once those are tender add 1 or 2 of the spice packages (not all 3 or it'll be too salty). Then add 1-3 Tbsp of vinegar (I know, sounds strange, but it's really good). We don't have this often b/c of the salt (my husband can't have large amounts of sodium), but it's really good. You could even add corn if you wanted. My son calls it "Hot and Sour" soup.

momjoy1027

Answer by momjoy1027 at 12:19 PM on Jul. 4, 2009

• Oh, and my husband loves spice so he adds red pepper flakes to his.
    momjoy1027

Answer by momjoy1027 at 12:20 PM on Jul. 4, 2009

• A friend of mine used to add veggies and beef hot dogs to the ramen noodles, his girls (picky eaters) would eat it and loved it. Sometimes he would cook ground beef, mix the ramen noodles, and add green onions, carrots, celery and heat it all up together (cook ramen according to package directions and throw in once ground beef has been cooked and drained). His girls also loved this.
    finallyamom40

Answer by finallyamom40 at 12:26 PM on Jul. 4, 2009

• crunch up the ramen and sprinkle it on top of mac and cheese and bake...We lived off of Ramen for the 1st year we were together :)
    bumblebeestingu

Answer by bumblebeestingu at 12:36 PM on Jul. 4, 2009

• You can use it in a japanese coleslaw, I don`t have a recipe, but you can google it. It is very tasty.
    canadianmom1974

Answer by canadianmom1974 at 1:12 PM on Jul. 4, 2009

• Ramen casserole:
    1/2 lb. ground beef, browned
    1 can cream of mushroom soup
    1/2 c. water
    1/2 c. milk
    1 stalk celery, sliced
    small bit of diced onion or dried onion flakes
    1 4 oz. can mushroom pieces
    couple of dashes of soy sauce
    2 pkg. Ramen noodles, broken up
    1 pkg. seasoning from Ramen noodles (we prefer beef flavored)
    Mix all ingredients together. Bake in a casserole dish for 15 minutes at 350 degrees. Stir and bake for another 5 minutes. May top with chow mein noodles if desired.

My family LOVES this!
    michiganmom116

Answer by michiganmom116 at 10:31 PM on Jul. 4, 2009

• cook it as you would soup, then drain the broth add a few slices of american cheese, and thats it. stir it up real good taste yummy like rich mac and cheese.
    karenwarshaw

Answer by karenwarshaw at 12:01 AM on Jul. 5, 2009

• Chinese chicken salad. Donate it to a food shelter if you really don't like Ramen noodles.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 2:54 PM on Jul. 5, 2009