another question

ok one more question can i continue to formula feed but occasionally breast feed him or will that confuse him?????

wiggsbabe

Asked by wiggsbabe at 12:17 PM on Jul. 4, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• There's really no way to tell. Some babies will end up refusing one or other other. Some do fine and happily take both.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 12:22 PM on Jul. 4, 2009

• Younger babies are more prone to nipple confusion...older babies usually do better switching back and fourth. However, it really depends on the baby. All you can do is try. Some breast milk is better than none, so make an effort. =) Mine did just fine going back and fourth...I used the Playtex Drop In System with the Slow Flow natural latch nipple...it is supposed to help support breast feeding by making baby work harder for the bottle...it worked for us.
    ANGIE409

Answer by ANGIE409 at 2:51 PM on Jul. 4, 2009

• It could. And it could have a detrimental effect on your supply.

Answer by gdiamante at 3:02 PM on Jul. 4, 2009

• I breastfed only for the first few months, but had a pump so he wouldn't refuse the bottle when I started one. Now (he's 8 months) I breastfeed during the day (SAHM), but then the last feeding of the night we go with a bottle of formula so my husband can participate - he does fine switching back and forth.

Answer by missanc at 3:18 PM on Jul. 4, 2009