• In the Spotlight:

Pre Clampsia Question???

I had pre clampsia and post clampsia with my daughter... We are wanting to try for another baby in the next year but I am afraid of getting it again. I was wondering if anyone has had it with their first AND second child??

MaddysMommy788

Asked by MaddysMommy788 at 12:24 PM on Jul. 4, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I have a friend that had it with her first but NOT her second or third. So I am sure that just cause it was with one doesn't mean it'll be with the next :)
    GL
    If you are really worried call your OB and talk to them about it...
    heather.darin

Answer by heather.darin at 12:46 PM on Jul. 4, 2009

• Just talk to your OB, they might just put you at a High Risk catagory just to be safe.
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 12:50 PM on Jul. 4, 2009

• i had a slight touch of it with my first, and none at all with my second GL
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 12:52 PM on Jul. 4, 2009

• I had it w/my first - blood pressure way up, lots of water retention, bed rest for the last 3 weeks. NOTHING w/my second - totally uneventful & undramatic second pregancy (2 1/2 years apart).
    jj.mominmd

Answer by jj.mominmd at 1:16 PM on Jul. 4, 2009

• I had really bad pre-eclampsia and post eclampsia with my first and and a milder but still serious case with my second. My Dr. advised me not to have anymore and dh got a vasectomy. Everybody is different, talk to yo Dr. Like the pp said they will probably put you in a high risk catagory. Good luck!
    sadira29

Answer by sadira29 at 1:38 PM on Jul. 4, 2009

• Yeah, I need to find a new OB. I was just curious to see how other peoples pregnancy's were. Thank you!!!!!! :)
    MaddysMommy788

Answer by MaddysMommy788 at 3:40 PM on Jul. 4, 2009

• i had preclampsia w/my first of my 3 boys. it usually only happend w/ the 1st child. It is usually nothing 2 worry about with the rest. Talk with your OB
    team21

Answer by team21 at 5:40 PM on Jul. 5, 2009