where to start when everything is a mess and you can't seem to balance everything?

feeling over whelmed

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:38 PM on Jul. 4, 2009 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• I am sorry. Usually feeling overwhelmed shows that you are too tired, lack energy. If you had plenty of energy you would take the clutter and problems as a challenge. Get more rest, if you can. If this feeling is new, you may want to get a check up to rule out a medical problem- hormone problem, anemia, virus, etc. So if this is all taken care of, then make a list, putting what needs to be done in priorities. The most urgent at the top of the list. Do the first thing on the list, cross it off, do the next. When you have had enough, you stop. If you have children from 5-8, then they are old enough to help out around the house.

Answer by Bmat at 1:41 PM on Jul. 4, 2009

• First give yourself permission to let things go a little. It's okay to take a break from everything once in a while. Ask yourself if it's really the end of the world and remember that all you really need is love. Maybe that sounds corny but life is too short to stress about messy days. tommorrow is a new day. take it one day at a tme a and look at all the good things in your life, even if there are only a few.
    call a friend, sit down and relax, it's okay!
    writeon

Answer by writeon at 1:43 PM on Jul. 4, 2009

• breathe if necesssary make alist with priorities or pick on spot/thing and work on that. I tend to clean my kitchen and then I feel more calm and as if I've accomplished something or another room in the house. Then I can stand there I now i did something and then move on to the next mess going on in my life.
    Sometimes if the issues are too many to deal with I'll just sit and imagine myself as a rock in the river with life and all it craziness just rushing by but me I'm a stable, strong, rock right in the middle of it all and then I can handle them one at a time.
    <<>>>>
    MamiJaAyla

Answer by MamiJaAyla at 10:52 PM on Jul. 4, 2009

• Story of my life.....Really. I have 4 kids and we just moved. I know what overwhelmed feels like for sure. First thing is stop and breathe. Stop running 100 mph and just think for a few minutes. Make lists. Things that MUST be done today, then things that need to be done, then things that need to be done, but not necessarily today. Prioritize your tasks. Everyday, look at what you have to do and start on the first thing. If you get to the rest of the list, then fine, but just do your best. Making lists has really helped me because Im getting older and I cant remember details anymore. Names, dates, places, numbers. I have to write them down. I got myself and Iphone so that I could use it to make notes and keep numbers without hunting paper. Sometimes Im out and something comes to mind. I get out my phone and make a note. Its helped. I have tons to do and Im taking on homeschooling this year so I know how you feel. Good luck
    momofsaee

Answer by momofsaee at 12:22 PM on Jul. 5, 2009

• try flylady.com for a start
    autodidact

Answer by autodidact at 6:34 PM on Jul. 5, 2009