Where do you buy your childrens' clothes?

What stores do you find carry the best quality for the price? We don't have any clothing stores here except JC Penney, Target, and Walmart. Our Penney's is really expensive, so we are going to a bigger town with a Ross, a Kohl's, a Sears, and some other big name stores. Unfortunately, I am unfamiliar with some of the stores and their prices/quality. Thanks ladies.

Mom1Stepmom1

Asked by Mom1Stepmom1 at 1:51 PM on Jul. 4, 2009 in Shopping

• I did, the mall stores or Carters or the Childrens place when they were young. Kohls, JC Penny and more mall when they got older. Never bought Walmart though. Walmart is well known for their clothing kits that you have to rebuild as soon as you get them home. Occaisionally I shop at Target. Ross and Marshalls are ok but you just have to dig around a bit to find the good stuff.
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 3:31 PM on Jul. 4, 2009

• Well my son is only 22 months, so right now I buy them all at Walmart. But I'll probably buy them somewhere else once he starts school && needs more durable clothes.
    HisMommySince07

Answer by HisMommySince07 at 1:55 PM on Jul. 4, 2009

• I think Children's Place has the best quality for the money, but that's only really when you shop off season. And, just a side note, their shipping is a flat $5 fee. Ross has really great deals too. I love Old Navy as well.
    toriandgrace

Answer by toriandgrace at 1:55 PM on Jul. 4, 2009

• I go to Goodwill and Salvation Army and find Ecco and Quicksilver and many other name brands. We have a very nice, clean goodwill here and my ds, age 12, couldn't care less where I get his clothes. I found a practically new pair of Nikes for $3.00, wash them and good as new!
    We aren't poor but I am into this and not only do I get ALOT for my money but I am saving the planet by recycling!
    writeon

Answer by writeon at 1:55 PM on Jul. 4, 2009

• We don't have a Goodwill, and our Salvation Army is somewhat small. We shop at consignment stores, but my son is at that age where the knees of his jeans only last about 2 months, and apparently, every other boy his size is too, because I can never find much in his size there.
    Mom1Stepmom1

Answer by Mom1Stepmom1 at 2:23 PM on Jul. 4, 2009

• baby gap /old navy/ the children s place/babies r us
    Anonymous

• Sears will replace clothes that wear out if your child wears them out before he/she grows out of them.

I have found some great clothes at Other Mothers (consignment stores in a lot of bigger stores), I got a couple onsies from Ralph Lauren for less than $2.00 each.

A friend of mine buys most of her boys clothes at Dillards during the off season (i.e. she just bought some winter clothes that were on clearance, great brands/quality and I don't think she paid over $6.00 for anything). In the fall/winter she'll buy clothes for next spring/summer.
    finallyamom40

Answer by finallyamom40 at 2:50 PM on Jul. 4, 2009

• I'll get my daughters clothes from just about anywhere....as long as its a good buy.
    maggiesmom415

Answer by maggiesmom415 at 2:59 PM on Jul. 4, 2009

• Children's Place (online) is an excellent source - shop the sales and do an internet search for a coupon code - I get great deals. The sales racks at Kohl's can be really good too. Target is one of my favorite places. JC Penney is decent, Old Navy is hit or miss with baby stuff, but great for bigger kids.
    goldenfox

Answer by goldenfox at 3:06 PM on Jul. 4, 2009

• childrens place and kohls are two of my favorites. Target also has some good clothing and always has great prices.
    jenke

Answer by jenke at 3:08 PM on Jul. 4, 2009