my 7 month old dosent want to eat soilds?

she been eating rice cereal for about a month now.. but she didnt always want it now im trying to get her to start other food and she wont eat them.. she breastfeed an shell also eat dried apples or frozen apples in a teething net.. can any 1 help?

redivy

Asked by redivy at 1:55 PM on Jul. 4, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• my child is the same way ive learned that she would rather feed herself so i give her small pieces of banana or avocado or the yogurt melts bitter biscuits. plus they really dont NEED solids till a year old anyways. see if she rather feed herself my LO is 7 months as well. also my DD loves pureed food that i make vs the jar food. that stuff smells and tastes nasty i dont blame her!
    Anonymous

• Try making your own food...it tastes better and it isn't difficult. Try sweeter foods like banana, apple, sweet potato, squash...babies have a natural affinity for sweets. Letting her feed herself is another great option. Avocado and banana are great first finger foods...soft enough to gum and you don't have to steam them. Also, when you eat, use a spoon and eat in front of baby...make faces and make it seem like the best thing in the world. Babies like to do what mommy does. =) Most of all, don't force the issue. The last thing you want to do is make eating time into a struggle. You have plenty of time to get baby on solids. Don't rush it.
    ANGIE409

Answer by ANGIE409 at 2:49 PM on Jul. 4, 2009

• Don't sweat it. She'll eat more when she wants it. Making your own will help.

Answer by gdiamante at 3:02 PM on Jul. 4, 2009

• if she likes apples, have you tried applesauce? For value, I've started buying the "adult" (not baby food) applesauce with no sugar added - and they have the kind with strawberries, pomegranates and other varieties that may add some other flavors to try to expand her repertoire of foods.

Answer by missanc at 3:12 PM on Jul. 4, 2009

• My daughter HATED the rice cereal and I didn't think she was going to eat any other solids. Try oatmeal cereal, stage 2 foods (they're a little thicker and taste better) and try taking a bite (or pretending to take a bite) before you give it to your baby. Make sure she isn't starving when you try to feed her the solids (like give her some milk for a couple of minutes before if she's fussy from hunger) because that will make her not want to eat it since it's something a bit new to her. If you try all that and the other ladies suggestions for a little while and she still won't eat it, just wait a little while. Or try giving her those Biter cracker things by Gerber or Baby Mum Mums. They disolve really quickly and being able to try to feed herself might make her more interested in solid food. I started giving those things to my daughter at about 7-8 months and she loved them and has started eating more solids since then.
    Mrs.BAT

Answer by Mrs.BAT at 5:11 PM on Jul. 4, 2009