wat to do......

i met a guy online and we have been talking for bout 6 months and finally r gonna met this month .....but his friends keep telling him that i would be doin nothing but cheating on him cuz we live so far apart.......... but how do i show him i am not that way that i will be faithful if we date?

butterscotch297

Asked by butterscotch297 at 2:10 PM on Jul. 4, 2009 in Relationships

• You shouldn't have to tell him but once that you will be faithful. You two have been talking 6 months - that's longer than some/most people dating, exclusive or not.
    I understand that you two have never met or anything... but talking over the phone and online is a lot more difficult than face-to-face. You have to express yourself - without the advantage of body language to aid you. With that being said, you two have a slight hand up with the relationship, and should have a certain amount of trust with each other. If he wants to believe his friends over you, then so be it. Would you really want to be with a guy who would take his friends words over yours?
    Maybe that's me, but I know who I am. I know what I stand for, what I believe in, and how I work. I express myself the way I think and act. If he's going to believe his friend's words over yours, and I highly doubt you've talked to them like you have him.
    K_Sawyer

Answer by K_Sawyer at 2:19 PM on Jul. 4, 2009

• all you can do is tell. If he doesn't trust you then you won't have much of a relationship anyway. Because trust is 1 of the biggest things in a relationship. Plus if he really likes you he will listen to his heart and you andnot his friends. If he does listen to his friends instead of believe you then you wouldn't want to be with him anyway.
    TeriMelisa

Answer by TeriMelisa at 2:21 PM on Jul. 4, 2009

• how do you know that he is faithful to you? It goes both ways. If he doesnt trust you it may be because he knows he cant be trusted.
    heavenlypeace

Answer by heavenlypeace at 2:43 PM on Jul. 4, 2009

• Yea, him telling you that "his friends" are telling him that all you are going to do is cheat on him is probably a bit of a fabrication. IME, guys don't dissect relationships the way we do, so it's probably coming from him. My philosophy is that he is going to believe you or not, take it or leave it.
    Seven07

Answer by Seven07 at 3:37 PM on Jul. 4, 2009