Is there a way to get stains out of a matress?

Such as urine or juice. My daughter's diaper leaked really bad last night and now there is a big stain on the matress. There are also a few smalls stains from where she spilled juice from her sippy cup. Any suggestions of how to get it out?

Ziggy-Stardust

Asked by Ziggy-Stardust at 2:43 PM on Jul. 4, 2009 in Home & Garden

• I would try a solution of baking soda and water. Do not saturate the mattress though. I always tell folks with little ones to spray their couch, chair, mattresses, etc with Scotchguard to eliminate that problem. If that's not an option, get one of those puppy pads to put under her if you don't have a waterproof pad to lay under her.

Answer by admckenzie at 7:46 PM on Jul. 4, 2009

• p.s. you could also try Woolite spray upholstery cleaner. That might work too

Answer by admckenzie at 7:49 PM on Jul. 4, 2009

• resolve multi fabric worked on my mattress.
    MHaney1980

Answer by MHaney1980 at 11:32 PM on Jul. 4, 2009

• I sold mattresses at a furniture store for a while and the mattress reps told us to tell customers to take a bucket of laundry soap (not the powdered kind it has to be liquid) and put one tablespoon per a gallon of water and make sure the soap is entirely disolved in the water. Then use a sponge and clean it. Take a towel and soak up access water. Let dry fully and do it again about three times. It might or might not work depending on how bad the odor is and how deep in the mattress it soaked. Go to Bed Bath and Beyond and buy a waterproof mattress pad. They are anywhere from $8 on up. Get a thin one that you can put in the washing machine. Ours has saved us on many occasions such as the stomach virus from hell that lasted 12 days one summer! Good luck.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:20 AM on Jul. 5, 2009