What would be a good car for someone with 3 kids?

Okay, so right now I have a 7 year old boy & a 2 year old girl...But, my husband and I want another baby within the next year or two (however long it takes us to conceive one and then the 9+ months waiting for him/her to arrive)...anyway I am going to be getting a new car sometime within the next 6 months...and I am wanting to get a car not an SUV...so I was wanting to know what kind of car would be good for someone with 3 kids...My son will be out of a booster seat once he turns 8 (October 6th)....and then my 2 year old is in a smaller sized booster...and then of course fitting a infant carseat in there too...

Briyawna

Asked by Briyawna at 2:48 PM on Jul. 4, 2009 in Shopping

• lol, the moment i found out we were having our second we started saving for a minivan...i don't know if i could do a car...the van is great cuz when we travel we still have room. We have a kia sedona...and i love it. GL though
    Anonymous

• It's going to be hard to find a car that is comfortable and works for a family of five. The kids will be scrunched in the back seat, and the cargo space (lack of) will be annoying. Trust me, I tried. :)

I now have a Honda Pilot, which is a SUV, but it drives like a car and gets decent gas mileage. The middle seat can fit my 9 and 7 year old, with an infant seat in the middle and I still have lots of cargo space in the back. Just my preference!
    goldenfox

Answer by goldenfox at 2:51 PM on Jul. 4, 2009

• Ya I like honda pilot...my husband doesn't (go figure right)....I thought about maybe a 2008 Saturn Vue...
    Briyawna

Answer by Briyawna at 2:53 PM on Jul. 4, 2009

• We had a buick lesabre for about 10 years, carried anywhere from 1 - 4 teenagers with us (yes that's 6 people in the car comfortably and with seatbelts for all of us) and had PLENTY of room, the trunk is HUGE. Very nice ride.
    Anonymous

• I also have 3 children and we have a cheverolet Venture Minivan. I absolutely love it lots of room for everyone and extra stuff for sporting events going to the beach or vacation comfortable not like in a car where all the kids are crammed in the back seat and are fighting constantly. The venture has seating for 7. Great gas mileage to.
    jenke

Answer by jenke at 3:07 PM on Jul. 4, 2009

• No such thing unless you want to buy a really old Bonneville or Caddie
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 3:26 PM on Jul. 4, 2009

• Ya thats what I figured LOL...Oh well...Probably get a minivan rather than an SUV just because they are cheaper...
    Briyawna

Answer by Briyawna at 3:41 PM on Jul. 4, 2009

• What about a station wagon? I have a VW Jetta wagon, although I think it would be tight in the back with all three kids, but there is a Passat Wagon that is a bit roomier and then the cargo space in the back is nice. We actually got a station wagon so the dogs can ride in the cargo part and not be in the backseat in the baby's face. The Subaru Outback is another you might try. When you go to test drive cars and you have it narrowed down to the ones you really want, I would recommend actually taking an infant seat and a booster seat with you and just putting them in there to see how they fit and how much room is left over for the older boy. We test drove a Toyota Venza and they are quite nice and very roomy. It was just bigger than what I personally wanted, but would be a good fit for 3 kids.
    Christina807

Answer by Christina807 at 5:05 PM on Jul. 4, 2009

• i had a bonniville made by pontiac i liked it a lot roomy and rode good
    Momof3Squirts

Answer by Momof3Squirts at 5:56 PM on Jul. 4, 2009

• Mini van saved my sanity. I love having sliders on both sides. We have 2 Olds Silhouettes. But sadly they don't make them anymore.
    motherofhope98

Answer by motherofhope98 at 5:59 PM on Jul. 4, 2009