how can my husband adopt my daughter

my and my husband started dating when my daughter was just 2month old and now we have been married for 3 years he really wants to adopt her but we really dont know what to do ?

leeahsgerasmom

Asked by leeahsgerasmom at 3:31 PM on Jul. 4, 2009 in Adoption

• talk to a lawyer. they should be able to answer all your questions about the whole process, relinquishing the biological fathers parental rights, etc.
    Anonymous

• Just go to the courts. The father would have to sign off on it though & give up his parental rights. A friend of mine got around that 'cause she couldn't contact the father. She put an ad in the newspaper that so and so want's to adopt this child if the father does not come forward in X amount of day's then so and so will be granted the rights to adopt said child.
    jfblaine

Answer by jfblaine at 3:49 PM on Jul. 4, 2009

• Go see a lawyer, explain everything and it should be simple. As long as the birth father hasn't had any contact with your daughter in at least 2 years, there is no nothing standing in the way. Good luck and God Bless
    lighthousemom3

Answer by lighthousemom3 at 6:53 PM on Jul. 4, 2009