Is pregnancy really THAT bad?

I have been ttc for over 2 years now so pardon me if I am just a tad bit irritated. Just today, I saw (not on cafemom) a post of a woman who did not want to be pregnant. She hates kids and babies and said and I quote "I just want it out of me"

HUH? "It"? Is it normal for a pregnant women to call their baby "it"?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:35 PM on Jul. 4, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Not all women are all warm and fuzzy over each stage of their pregnancy. Being TTC and never having been pregnant, you probably can't understand that pregnancy can be so bad.

And yes, you can refer to your baby as an 'it'. You can refer to your baby as anything you want to. Just because you're having a bad pregnancy and horrible symptoms and just want the baby out doesn't mean you love your baby an less than someone who is all sunshiney about their pregnancy the entire 9 months.

But this is a set-up. For when you do finally concieve, you will find that pregnancy can really REALLY suck at times. I love my two DD's, but geez....there were times I wished I had never even GOTTEN pregnant. By the time I was in labor, I didn't care if they had to pull the baby out of my nose, all I wanted was the baby OUT. And after I had them...I was NOT thinking about bonding. I was thinking about sleep.

All I can say is "You'll see."
    .Peaches.

Answer by .Peaches. at 5:13 PM on Jul. 4, 2009

• um no. For many of us our pregnancies posed as a serious obstacle in continuing life as usual. Many of us spent months hunched over our toilets, starving ALL THE TIME, in a constant state of ache and for some bored out of our minds chained to our beds or even hospital beds and not to mention how painful labor is but I think deep down most of us loved every minute of it and even miss it sometimes. In fact in a recent study 8 out of 10 moms said even if their spouses could carry the babies for them they would still prefer to do it themselves. It is this awesome miracle that if you have never experienced you just don't have any idea what it's like. Good look with your ttc pregnancy and motherhood is a beautiful thing but don't forget there are lots of children out there who need a set of parents and adoption is also a truly beautiful thing and it's okat to have one biological child and one adopted child.
    katiekruschke

Answer by katiekruschke at 3:44 PM on Jul. 4, 2009

• Before you know the gender, it is.. I have called both my girls it before I knew, it's kind of a joke... you have to remember women's hormones make them very irritable and 9 months of hormone irritation can make you say crazy things. I am 7 months pregnant and I am miserable as I ever was. I wish I weren't as well, I'm tired of being pregnant, I've even read saying castor oil works 58% of the time to induce labor.... I don't want to be pregnant anymore, it's just a thought. I know I'll tough it out like I always do, but yea, you get really really sick of it sometimes. (I wasn't this bad with my first!)
    Seven07

Answer by Seven07 at 3:48 PM on Jul. 4, 2009

• my fisrt 2 were wonderful, but this one is painful, sickening, and lousy. but i still love being pregnant because i know what the end results are. as of now, we are calling our baby "mystery goo" because we dont know if its a boy or girl yet.
    Anonymous

• i called it and it before i knew the gender because that's just what it was an it.
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 4:23 PM on Jul. 4, 2009

• I called him it and sometimes them becuase i did not know
    newmom183

Answer by newmom183 at 4:45 PM on Jul. 4, 2009

• No, at least in my case, pregnancy is not that bad at all. The first 10 weeks were rough only because I was nauseous, emotional, and tired all the time, but after the first trimester, it was like I was back to normal! Now at 35 weeks, the only compliants I honestly have is the back pain and heartburn, but laying down and taking a Tums takes care of both! Pregnancy is different for everyone though, so some women really DO have a hard time. For me though, on a scale of 1-10...10 being the worst it could possibly be...it's been like a 3. Now talk to me after I go into labor haha. I might have a different number for you then.
    Ash9724

Answer by Ash9724 at 7:56 PM on Jul. 4, 2009

• I am the op and I apologize, I made a mistake. The woman referred to her baby as a "thing" not an it. She is not very happy about having a child needless to say.
    Anonymous

• Honestly, sometimes I feel very unhappy about having another child right now, but those are fleeting feelings, my husband and I have been going through some marital troubles and I was finally starting to get a little bit more time to myself since my daughter was becoming more independant. I've actually in moments of deep despair, considered what it would be like to put the baby up for adoption and live out life like that. I know when the baby is born, it'll all be different, although I do know it'll also still be a chore at times and feel inconvenient, I won't mind it so bad and won't want to change anything about it all because I will love my second daughter. Hormones can do all this, can make me feel like the world is against me and I can be irrational. The trick is to know that you are being irrational and take things in stride and slowly! so you can react more sanely to them. Chances are the mother was just venting.
    Seven07

Answer by Seven07 at 12:26 AM on Jul. 5, 2009