Is it possible to potty train a 2 year old boy???

LOL. silly question I'm sure some have. My son turned 2 in April. The only interest he show's in potty training is wearing handy manny undies. Keeping them clean is impossible for him. I thought he was ready because every time he pooped or peed in his diaper he would tell me right away & get the diaper & baby wipes so I could change him. But when in the undies he does the same thing, as soon as he goes he tells me he went potty....but he seems so excited about it, "I POOPED IN MY DIAPER MAMA!!" He pee's in the toilet every morning when he get's up, before his nap, and before bed.....only 'cause I put him there & tell him it's time to go.My daughter was so easy to potty train. When she was 2 & 1/2 she was strickly in undies. So does anyone have any tips on how to get him to tell me before he goes??

jfblaine

Asked by jfblaine at 3:46 PM on Jul. 4, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• My son was easy to potty train. Maybe putting him on the potty more often. I think all kids are different but it sounds like he's trying or getting close. This is what I did. I explained to my kid that when he got that feeling down there to run to the bathroom. Plus I would put him on the potty. He had accidents but that's what they were. AFter a few wet pants, he took to the idea. Kids are just different. Some things just click. Also, have you tried the cherrio game. Put a fruit loop or cherrio's in the potty and see if he can hit it. Good luck.
    Safirejewl

Answer by Safirejewl at 3:52 PM on Jul. 4, 2009

• OH the games!! LOL...He tries to get them out of the toilet so he can eat them!!!
    jfblaine

Answer by jfblaine at 3:55 PM on Jul. 4, 2009

• I put my sons on the potty as soon as they soil their underwear (if I don't catch them in the middle of it). I just tell them they are not supposed to wet in their pants. They need to do it on the toilet. They will eventually get the hang of it. Since he tells you afterwards, I would just remind him each time to tell you when he first needs to go! Good luck. My oldest was easy - except he still doesn't tell me he needs to go, so I just take him regularly. My second loves the potty but doesn't do a thing in it! My baby goes every time I put her on!!!
    micheledo

Answer by micheledo at 4:04 PM on Jul. 4, 2009

• LOL I sorry I don't mean to laugh about him getting the cherrio out of the toilet. Tell him...it's time to feed the toilet...have him carry a cherrio...say open wide toilet...then give the cherrio a peepee shower lol I know goofy idea then bye bye cherrio...say...burp toilet...(flushing) Kids especially little boys get a kick out of the words peepee and poop...it must be a guy thang????
    Safirejewl

Answer by Safirejewl at 4:52 PM on Jul. 4, 2009

• OMG....amazing tonight we went to watch the fireworks gone for about 2 hours...when we got home I went to change him & he was dry. Getting him in his jammies he started screaming & crying. I'm like 'baby what's wrong?" He kept saying "my penis hurt!!!" I put some desitin on him, even though he didn't seem to have diaper rash. But he was still crying "my penis hurts!" then, "I have to use the toilet!" I took him in there & he peed for a full minute. Then said, "Ok penis feel better now." LOL. Seem's like hes starting to get the hang of it. We will see how tommorow goes.
    jfblaine

Answer by jfblaine at 1:41 AM on Jul. 5, 2009