question

How long does morning sickness last? im 10 weeks pregnant hoping it goes away soon? Is there anything i can do that will help it

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:02 PM on Jul. 4, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Most people have morning sickness in the first 3 months, so hopefully you will feel better soon.
    LilyandEmmasMom

Answer by LilyandEmmasMom at 4:04 PM on Jul. 4, 2009

• Mine never went away. Me and my toilet were best buds through my whole pregnancy ;) ginger helped me. You can get ginger cookies or ginger hard candy. Also using ginger in baking helps like a pumpkin muffin with ginger etc. Grapes also helped so did sour candy. Protein helps to keep your blood sugar levels even which will prevent you from feeling naseaus when they drop so eat a couple protein bars or peanut butter sandwhiches. Also breaking up your prenatal in to 2 doses helps or taking it only at bedtime helps too. It sucks but it wont be long and you'll feel those beautiful little feet kick and morning sickness wont be so bad
    katiekruschke

Answer by katiekruschke at 4:08 PM on Jul. 4, 2009

• im 20 weeks, and have had sickness everyday so far. i find that lemonade works. and popsicles. GL!
    HelloKitty86

Answer by HelloKitty86 at 4:09 PM on Jul. 4, 2009

• hopefully soon it took me 15 weeks to fully get over it good luck
    tiffandgene2009

Answer by tiffandgene2009 at 4:20 PM on Jul. 4, 2009

• Usually it'll start to fade sometime around your second trimester, but there's no specific timeline. Some women have none, some women have it their entire pregnancy. And for some women, it disappears in their second trimester, only to come back in the third.

With my first DD, I have very mild morning sickness in my first trimester. I threw up maybe twice. With my second DD, I had morning, noon, and night sickness everyday until I was about 15 weeks. With this pregnancy, I had it off and on throughtout my first trimester, into my second trimester, it disappeared around 23 weeks, only to come back at around 29 weeks. I'm almost 32 weeks, and just threw up this morning.
    So it varies.

- You can try Seabands (get them at the drugstore). They're tight bands you wear around your wrists with a hard ball in the middle. The ball presses down on a point that helps with nausea in accupressure.
    - Lemons. The theory is that your
    .Peaches.

Answer by .Peaches. at 5:19 PM on Jul. 4, 2009

• (continued)

body can't respond to nausea and the sour taste of a lemon at the same time. Since the lemon is stronger, it wins out.
    - Not waiting until you get hungry to eat. Don't wait until you're hungry to eat....and eat small meals. Try combining carbs and proteins.
    - Talk to your OB. He/she can prescribe Zofran if morning sickness is really bad.
    - Don't take your prenatals on an empty stomach. Ever.
    - Ginger. Anything with ginger in it can soothe your tummy.
    .Peaches.

Answer by .Peaches. at 5:22 PM on Jul. 4, 2009

• mine was everyday and all i had to do was to move and it triggered it. nausea meds were amazing.. but mine went away around 14-15 weeks. now i only get sick if i dont eat something once every one to two hours. and my prenatal vitamins help alot. they are the DUETDHAec they got the vitamin and a omega3 pill. the omega3 pill acts as a liner to your stomach to help prevent nausea. and these are the only PNV that have given me any energy even when i was constantly driving the ceramic bus.
    Aphrodite108

Answer by Aphrodite108 at 6:00 PM on Jul. 4, 2009

• HAHA..MORNING SICKNESS FIRST 3 MONTHS..HAHAHA.. mine lasted almost 5months.lost more weight then I gained...i still have morning sickness and im 7months
    Lovin_mybaby5

Answer by Lovin_mybaby5 at 6:21 PM on Jul. 4, 2009